Dunlop Q2

BThomas220

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

First time poster:D, I bought my fz6 about a year ago and have put over 10k miles on her. The last 6k have been with the Dunlop Q2 front and rear. I love them.

The grip is incredible. I have pushed these tires pretty hard and they never gave a hint of slipping.

The lean angle these tires provide is more then significantly for our bikes, I hit the feelers often and still have a 1/2" of "Chicken Strips".

I don't ride in the wet much and when I do I am quite conservative, but I have always had traction.

The tire profile allows the bike to just fall into a turn with very little effort, and when it is in the turn it is rock steady.

The life on these tires is not that great I got 5,500 miles out of my rear and had to replace it. The threads were showing :spank: . The front tire has start to cup a little. The rear mainly worn in the center from commuting.

I really enjoyed the tires and figured I would give you all my thoughts on them.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
-Ben

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info about Duplops.
If you could compare it with an other pair of tires like Metzeler M3 or M5, it would be great.
My bike has 4 year old Pirelli Diablo tires on it and i'll change them soon.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of Q2's on my other bike that I take to the track. I love these tires if you are still one of the hold outs on the Pilot powers make the switch you will love them.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Had the same tires on my bike last go around. Loved the grip on them in a tight corner. However, I had the same problems with them. The back tire wore down fast/low miles, and my front tire cupped once it starts it is all over for that tire.
Got a great deal on a set of Conti motions, 200 USD installed. They do not handle as well as the Q2 have felt some slip in the tight corners. Will try the PR2/3 next.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had the same tires on my bike last go around. Loved the grip on them in a tight corner. However, I had the same problems with them. The back tire wore down fast/low miles, and my front tire cupped once it starts it is all over for that tire.
Got a great deal on a set of Conti motions, 200 USD installed. They do not handle as well as the Q2 have felt some slip in the tight corners. Will try the PR2/3 next.

The Q2's are a performance tyre, dont expect any sort of good mileage out of them, if you want great mileage, you aint gonna get the same levels of grip, it's just not possible....

a good compromise is the Michelin PR2's, or 3's now....

:thumbup:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
The Q2's are a performance tyre, dont expect any sort of good mileage out of them, if you want great mileage, you aint gonna get the same levels of grip, it's just not possible....

a good compromise is the Michelin PR2's, or 3's now....

:thumbup:
The Q2 is what came on my bike when i bought it. The rear was new the front was not. I got about 4000 mile out of the rear maybe could have gotten more but the front was toast and the conti motions were a package deal. I realize the difference between the level of grip to expect between the two. As far as price point goes after 1000 miles on the conti motions am very happy with there touring qualities. I have seen very little wear and they ride nice and handle well in the rain, that I found my self caught in, that was not suppose to happen. If I were going to set a tour bike up I would probably run them on it. However, I am a one bike one woman kind of guy. If I got another bike I would just be a guy with two bikes. OK, back on topic. The reason I want to try the PR2 or 3 is I would like to be a little closer to the best of both worlds.

BThomas220

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that I will be trying a different set of tires once this rear is worn out again.

I do like the idea of the PR3's and I feel that the extra siping in the tread would be very beneficial in wet conditions.

I also wonder how the ContiRoadAttack 2's would compare to the Q2's in regards to grip and longevity, continental does have them listed as a sport touring tire.

BThomas220

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't understand what you mean by the tire feels too wide for the rim.

Did you go up a size or do you mean it is visually wider then the rim?

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't understand what you mean by the tire feels too wide for the rim.

Did you go up a size or do you mean it is visually wider then the rim?

I mean, just by looking at it. The tire width to rim width ratio looks high, well at least higher then most other tires.

Run great though.