Ebay levers review (pictures)

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure it'll work but you might want to try taking the 2 allen bolts (shown in the pic above) from both levers and swapping clutch/brake. I bet the underside is still black as the day you got em in the mail.

***edit***
the pics are not "above" they are on the previous page.
I didn't realize this post would be 1st on a new page

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Silver all the way!

Along with being the faster fz6 color, my silver 2wheels levers have not faded at all. :rockon:

How long have they been on the bike and how much time does your bike spend sitting in the sun?

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Re: Silver all the way!

How long have they been on the bike and how much time does your bike spend sitting in the sun?

I think that I put them on last Spring.

I've been riding to work about 4 days a week this summer, so it sits outside about 9.5 hours on those days.

It's my understanding that the silver levers have no anodizing, and that's one of the reason that I chose that color.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Clutch lever issues

Okay so I finally got my levers.

I installed them today. everything looks pretty nice except that clutch lever now doesn't spring back all that good.

I tried adjusting the slack but it doesn't really help that much.

I don't know what happened?

Did I over tighten the screw with the bushing?

I made sure to use a lot of grease in the bushing and where the little end know goes into the lever.

Maybe the grease is too viscous?

What kind of grease did you guys use?

Also there is some "play/vertical movement" in the brake lever? Seems that I might have to use some washers.

Was this the case with your levers as well? Do you use any washers to eliminate the vertical play?

Last edited:

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
loosen the screw.

I put the green shorties on my bike Sundy(hoping they improved the anodizing and they wont fade) and had issues with my clutch being super tight and hard to pull.....loosened the bolt holding it in and bam feels like butter.

Try that first, also the bushing does need to be well greased.....mine was super greasy still since the bike is brandnew looking so I didnt need any. You may.

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh half typing a post, half working at my desk.

Didnt see your spot about the grease.....mine was super fine...graphite based? Not sure what kind, but super thin, fine, almost like liquid graphite. Service manual might have that info?

Hopefully its just the bolt.

No washers needed, mine was super simple swap, my bushing fell out of the OEM lever. Once i had the bolt adjusted correctly it felt as smooth as OEM. No tweaks needed.

Last edited:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh half typing a post, half working at my desk.

Didnt see your spot about the grease.....mine was super fine...graphite based? Not sure what kind, but super thin, fine, almost like liquid graphite. Service manual might have that info?

Hopefully its just the bolt.

No washers needed, mine was super simple swap, my bushing fell out of the OEM lever. Once i had the bolt adjusted correctly it felt as smooth as OEM. No tweaks needed.

I had no problems with the bushing. And I think you are right that it miht have been a graphite based grease.

I suppose I will try changing the grease tomorrow.

There is a vertical movement of the larger piece of the brake lever. I figure that if I can put in a just right sized washer between the lever and the housing it will eliminate the movement.

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll check my brake lever when I get home and see if there is play i didnt notice....but I rode with the new levers last night inbetween rain showers and didnt notice anything.

Ya def wasnt that thick grease used on a axle or trailer hitch....

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll check my brake lever when I get home and see if there is play i didnt notice....but I rode with the new levers last night inbetween rain showers and didnt notice anything.

Ya def wasnt that thick grease used on a axle or trailer hitch....

I just used the same grease that I use for the bushing in the gear shifter lever.

I don't know I will see if anything changes.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had no problems with the bushing. And I think you are right that it miht have been a graphite based grease.

I suppose I will try changing the grease tomorrow.

There is a vertical movement of the larger piece of the brake lever. I figure that if I can put in a just right sized washer between the lever and the housing it will eliminate the movement.

It has a lot of vertical play the bolt they use is to short and the two piece design needs a washer between the lever end and mounting portion