Engine Life

Logan_YamahaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I know its a hard question to answer, but try to bare with me. I have just over 20,000 miles on my 2006 Fz6. i take great care of it "oil change on time-chain-air filter" etc. So my question is what should i expect to get out of the bike? thanks.

This is the question of the century so to speak. One of the folks on the forum has 50,000 miles on his FZ6 and it is still problem free. My neighbor has a 1993 1500 Gold Wing with 135,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. My Sporty has 25,000 on it and it has been a dream. There's no doubt that proper care has a lot to do with it but the modern bike built to last. I look at it this way, "use me don't abuse me" and I will give you loads of fun for many many miles. I have just under 15,000 on my FZ6 now and it has been awesome.

Wel then, think about the guy who did an "around the world" tour on an R1. :D
Didn't that guy have bar raisers on the R1? Still a mean feat any way you look at it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjBrpN9nmZQ"]YouTube - R1 Travelling The World[/ame]

I got it wrong.

Last edited:
That's just being perverse. Clearly, an R1 wasn't a suitable machine for the task. With all that luggage on it must have handled like a barrow full of jelly.

A BMW or KTM would have been far more suitable. Still, each to his own.

Back