exhaust question

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Do anybody know if there would be any really bad effects of doing a mod like this to the FZ6. I will be leaving the cat in to supply the needed back pressure.

this looks really cool:rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you can find one that is designed for the bike then i would say there is no issues, the size of the inlet, outlet, and length are very carefully engineered,

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Do anybody know if there would be any really bad effects of doing a mod like this to the FZ6. I will be leaving the cat in to supply the needed back pressure.

this looks really cool:rockon:

If your pockets are deep enough you could have one made that doesn't loose hp or torque and doesn't affect the curve on the dyno there would be no bad effects. If you dont feel that loosing hp or torque is a bad effect then go for it! It does look pretty wicked.:thumbup:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Are those straight pipes? They look like it.

If so, the effects will be as follows.

1. Loud as hell.
2. Sounds like ****.
3. Kiss the bottom end of your powerband goodbye.

Fred

H

HavBlue

Are those straight pipes? They look like it.

If so, the effects will be as follows.

1. Loud as hell.
2. Sounds like ****.
3. Kiss the bottom end of your powerband goodbye.

Fred

I would agree with this however, in blowing up the picture the tubes would actually appear to be some sort of aftermarket exhaust cans, Straight pipes would indeed be loud and their effects would be huge on the lower end of the power band however, the use of smaller pipes with a slip in type baffle could be quite effective.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a similar, but not really, exhaust from Akro for the beautiful R6.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You gotta remember on the R6 there is still that big tank of a muffler underneath it, and it appears to still be there in that picture.

Here's stock.

YZFR6_Exhaust06A.jpg

Here is a closer up picture of an aftermarket exhaust for an R6 where the muffler is more visible. However, I would guess that not all aftermarket pipes keep the big tank muffler in there, and would assume that some are just like straight pipes.

EX033ST.jpg