Exhaust upgrades and fuel/radiator lines.

UpInTheAir89

Reaction score
Visit site
Question 1:
I know an exhaust question gets posted CONSTANTLY; however, I haven't found a super clear opinion on this and before I keep buying mix-matched parts I'd like to find out:
I have a 2009 FZ6. If I want to completely get rid of the cats in it I need to replace both the header (has two) and midpipe (has one).

If I put an S1 header on my S2 then I also need Arrow's de-cat'd S1 midpipe, and the S1 oil pan (no-nub).

Would I also need to use an S1 slip-on exhaust? I have a Two Brother's S2 slip on right now, and it'd be a bummer to find out that it wont fit...

Question 2:
As another part of my overhaul, I'm wanting to replace some engine lines with different colored ones. I'm thinking fuel, and radiator so far, are their any other ones that would be relatively easy to swap and be visible?
Also, anyone happen to know the sizing of the hoses/lines for the various parts? I could investigate on my bike, but it'd be nice to know before I start tearing everything down.

Thanks for any info!

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to our forum.

Your first q's answer is NO you don't need any s1's silencer. Actually, there is no difference on exhaust at back of the cat.

Q2's answer:

IMO any colored fuel line will not visible to see and dangerous to mod it. For radiator, I prefer silicone ones at ebay.
Also I don't know the diameters of lines. But there is colored hose kits at ebay.

You should let us know about results.