Fab Four Hits Daytona

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't get the part about the rolex. who the heck wears a watch anymore anyway?

The rider who qualifies the fastest and wins the pole position for the Daytona 200 wins a Rolex. It's a very prestigous award among the raceers. The Daytona 200 used to be the fastest and meanest bike class. Several years ago around the time the AMA sold the series to the NASCAR boys, they felt the tires (Dunlop) weren't up to the task (speeds and endurance) any more so they made the Daytona 200 the 600 class. So, Josh Hayes who only races superbike, didn't have a chance to win the Rolex. The past few years he has probably won more poles than anyone else in the superbike class. So, the comment was from one of previous pole sitters who won the Rolex on a 600 (I think it was Gerloff). But, for next year, they've announced they'll be going back to the liter bikes for the 200 and Josh (assuming he's still racing superbikes in the US) should have a shot at a Rolex.

There ya' go!:thumbup:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey thanks MG. That's all I ever need to know about Daytona bike racing!! Great post!!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk