faulty crankshaft metals Yamaha fz6 2005

jkefal

Reaction score
Visit site
hi m8s ihave a major problem with my crankshaft due to a expencive replacment i email to yamaha europe and to greek dealer that

Dear Sir,

I’m a customer from Greece,and i have problem with my Yamaha fz6 2005 model (engine number ) ,(type RJ07 ),(chassis number ).I have made a total 40.000 kilometres and then suddenly I have a major problem with my crankshaft metals .Is it possible that my crankshaft is it faulty through the factory? I service my bike and do my regular oil changing’s in Yamaha certified service centers always on time and so far no problem have been found until recently.Please,can you check your factory data to find out any reports regarding faulty crankshafts for this time of year models?I would be grateful if there was an answer soon and a solution be found soon enough to fix my problem.

Yours sincerely,

JAMES KEFALAS
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
ELEFTHEROS TYPOS

GREEK NEWSPAPER

| e-tipos.com

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the club James. What is the problem exactly? Could you explain it us more clearly?

jkefal

Reaction score
Visit site
i have 40000 klm now and when i went for my service i hear some strange noises when i was turning of throtle. after the exam from the mechanics they sayed that my crancshaft metals are damaged so maybe are............
1)faulty part from yamaha?
2)insufficient lubrication?
3)problem with my oil pumb ?

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I've never heard of there being a problem with crankshafts on these bikes. So whatever happened to yours, it was a one in a million thing.

Hopefully the mechanic will find out the cause, and will find out that it was a problem that happened when the engine was assembled. If that happens, then you might have a chance of getting a new motor from Yamaha.

Remember, the dealership may not have the power to say "Yes" to an expensive repair. But the local Yamaha representative will, so that's who you may have to talk to eventually.

Good luck!