Finally finished!!! Suggestions?

GREGLOUS

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I finished the transformation. However, it's only been a week and I'm itching for something to do. Do you guys have any suggestions -- other than pipes? Minor stuff that looks good or improves performance?

12049739_994253897261416_3049358288124029362_n.jpg 12042103_998054820214657_228297061_n.jpg 12067968_998054733547999_764593546_n.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike looks good!

I would either polish clean or paint the header (looks pretty bad).

If the ft tire is also the same brand as the rear, some tire paint for the raised white letters to match OR black out the rear lettering (make them match).

Mirrors anywhere??

Maybe lower the front, yellow reflectors back to the stock position (I think they've been moved upward on the forks)

Last edited:

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Silver wheels and swing arm. Aren't FZ6's cool? Naked or faired, the frame, engine, pipes, gas tank and proportions are pleasing to the eye Yours is the silver ghost maybe?

GREGLOUS

Reaction score
Visit site
TownSends, the rear is painted lettering. I didn't know if people painted both tires or not. I see a lot with just the rear painted. I do have bar end mirrors (not in the pic). Awesome suggestion in regard to the reflector. I actually thought about getting a decal reflector (silver) to replace the tacky orange reflectors. I figured I would stick the reflector decal right on to the forks. What do you think? Also, the headers are terrible. What would you recommend for cleaning? I don't care for super shiny chrome headers. On street bikes, they look too Hyabusa-stretched tire-underglow (if you know what I mean). I would like to polish them up without looking too flashy. Thanks for the suggestions!

GREGLOUS

Reaction score
Visit site
Major, I love this bike. I love how "industrial" they look. You can see the bike's components and I love it. It looks like a machine rather than a plastic toy. I hate when street bikes get too cluttered with plastic and flashy parts. My bike originally had the silver swinger and rims, however, I updated with newer fz6 parts. To me, it was just too much silver. I've never heard of the silver ghost. Fill me in?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
TownSends, the rear is painted lettering. I didn't know if people painted both tires or not. I see a lot with just the rear painted. I do have bar end mirrors (not in the pic). Awesome suggestion in regard to the reflector. I actually thought about getting a decal reflector (silver) to replace the tacky orange reflectors. I figured I would stick the reflector decal right on to the forks. What do you think? Also, the headers are terrible. What would you recommend for cleaning? I don't care for super shiny chrome headers. On street bikes, they look too Hyabusa-stretched tire-underglow (if you know what I mean). I would like to polish them up without looking too flashy. Thanks for the suggestions!

IMO, paint both tires (especially if their the same brand) or black them both out.

Re the reflector, on my bike, just like the rear, SIDE red ones (that looked goofy), I removed ALL but the rear reflector. Legal, no, but we don't have inspections here and I rarely go out at night when they would be useful

Re the header, I use Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. No sanding, no steel wool, Lots of elbow grease initially. I just re-did mine last week as I got caught in a cats and dogs Florida downpour (which browned them a bit). Maybe 30 minutes to get back to shiny (after a bath). IMO, their a built in piece of jewelry showing off your 4 cylinders...

No side/fork reflectors;

Polished header;

And tank protectors, (love these);

Puttin Along

Reaction score
Visit site
Pic of the front/straight on! What head light did you use? What about the gauge mount? Don't polish anything on a day you could be riding!

GREGLOUS

Reaction score
Visit site
Puttin, here are the only pictures I have on hand. These pictures are before legitimately mounting and signal mounts. The light is a Polisport Halo. It's actually a DOT approved supermoto headlight. The night time visibility is surprisingly good. I will take some new/updated photos tomorrow. Also, I can show you the gauge mount tomorrow. The mount in the picture was just temporary while I was working on the front end. I ended up fabbing my own from a piece of thin aluminium plating. I live in Florida, and we have been getting rained on for 3 months straight!!! That's probably why I am looking for little things to do! This rainy summer has turned me into a mechanic rather than a rider. LOL!

12071672_998380940182045_706716918_n.jpg 12083728_998380950182044_631815153_n.jpg

Last edited:

GREGLOUS

Reaction score
Visit site
Townsend, I am also in Florida. Tampa area to be specific. I share your pain! This summer has been so miserable! I have only been riding a handful of times :( The good thing about Florida is, riding weather never ends!!!! I am going to clean op the headers and removed those tacky reflectors. Great suggestions! I too, rarely go out at night, I have little use for them. Moreover, I have NEVER heard of anyone getting pulled for lack of reflectors. In fact, nearly everyone I ride with removed them. Thanks again!

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
IMO, paint both tires (especially if their the same brand) or black them both out.

Re the reflector, on my bike, just like the rear, SIDE red ones (that looked goofy), I removed ALL but the rear reflector. Legal, no, but we don't have inspections here and I rarely go out at night when they would be useful

Re the header, I use Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. No sanding, no steel wool, Lots of elbow grease initially. I just re-did mine last week as I got caught in a cats and dogs Florida downpour (which browned them a bit). Maybe 30 minutes to get back to shiny (after a bath). IMO, their a built in piece of jewelry showing off your 4 cylinders...

No side/fork reflectors;

Polished header;

And tank protectors, (love these);

Where do I buy those tank protectors?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Where do I buy those tank protectors?

Techspec; Yamaha FZ6 04-10 Gripster Tank Grips

These particular ones are "Snake skin".

The rear rectangular one was NOT made for the FZ but a "generic" piece I trimmed down to fit that area...

I put small pieces of masking tape atop the tank to help line up the natural lines, with the seat, etc. Extremely sticky and very comfy for squeezing the tank.