Finally getting paint!

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally took the front fender, tank, both side covers(fuse and otherside) as well as rear grab rail off the bike and getting paint on them this weekend...Painting to match frame..
Will post pictures once they put back on for final result!! ;-)

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just did the same thing last weekend.. droped them all at bodyshop.. I'm getting metallic black with extra sparkles... he's gona do it for 300.. BTW how much are you paying...

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
300 but I need "some" work done to the tank! lol...3 dent repairs with one of them being a bad one on the seat side...still havnt figured out how the previous owner did it..haha

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
Everything is geting painted black to match the frame....It will all be a flat/matte black :rockon:
Next are the rearsets black...the only shiny thing on the bike will be the scorpions :thumbup:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i had heard that if you have flat back paint, you have to take very special care of it so it looks good all the time.. like washing it with a specific soap and stuff.. thanks top gear

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
Its gonna be flat/metalic/matte I guess....the painter is going to match it best he can to the frame...as well as no gloss clear coat it :)

but yes, black has to be kept nice and clean!!

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
Well he got them done today and I saw the parts....WOW...talk about flat black....LOL....everything lost the metalic sparkle he said when he applied the flat clear...so he's re-doing them all for me again..hahaha...It was flat black! like old school rat-rod flat black...wayyyy to flat for me...hopefully have them back wednesday he said and it will be back together and I will get some pics up....tank turned out awesome I must say...looks brand new!!