Finshed 600 mile service today

Andrewman

Reaction score
Visit site
My Dad and I finished up the initial 600 mile service on my red '07 FZ6 today. The service was very straightforwards. We just followed the instructions in the Yamaha service manual, and we ran into no difficulties.

I went with Rotella T 5w-40 oil, and a HiFlow oil filter.

The steering head was a little loose, so we tightned that up per the specs in the service manual.

The chain was in spec and did not require adjustment - just a good lube and clean.

I installed some Shogun frame sliders and checked out the torque on the other engine mounts. To my suprise I found them to be quite loose! I have a feeling that getting the engine mounts torqued properly might eliminate most of the buzz I get at about 5000 rpm.

Thats all for now!

Good on ya, m8...

You'll be glad you took the time to get intimate with your bike whenever you have to make repairs or check something out.

Every time I get into something on ANY vehicle I own and maintain, I always see something new that could be useful later, like,
"Ooooh, that's where they put that!"
or,
"So that's how they configured that."

You'll like the Rotella. I went with that when I did my 600 mile. I can't believe how bad my oil looked when I drained it. It was all metallic looking and crappy. I did mine at 634 miles. When I changed oil this spring (1454 mi) My oil still looked as good as it did when I installed it.

Back