First Bike! Need some help!

MillaTyme

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, so glad I found this lovely forum! I bought my 2009 FZ6 (title says its an FZS....what??) with only 3900 miles on it, two days ago!

The front headlight plastic piece is broken and I cannot find the part number anywhere and after 2 hours of google I'm just getting more confused. It seems to be the OEM naked headlight conversion but all part numbers are showing up as European or Mexican. I even called the dealer who told me the part number was invalid. The one I'm almost positive it is.... 21C-H4300-10.

Maybe some pictures will help? (Hope they work, otherwise I'll post a URL) Anyways, a tuneup, nice helmet and jacket are on the agenda and probably some new rubber, going to check the date stamp later today. Looking forward to such a great community!

Bike 1.jpg
Bike 2.jpg
Bike 3.jpg

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Great job posting a pic of your new steed.

Are those the original stock tires? Check the date code on them. If they're 5+ years old or have any weather rot, get them changed out very soon for safety. You'll feel it, too.

Keep RPMs limited to 6K (30HP) so you don't release the beast until you're ready.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike has been converted to the FZ6N configuration, a configuration that was not offered in the United States. That's why the dealers can't look up the part. As mentioned by Major Tom, eBay is your best bet for parts relating to the headlight, fairing and instrument bracket.

Good looking bike. Welcome to the site and don't be afraid to ask questions - we like em.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

Question, is your left side, engine stator cover BEIGE???

Looks like he (PO) re-finished the wheels, radiator side covers as well with the same color..

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum!

Make sure your single h4 headlamp bulb functions properly. the US version of the FZ6 did not provide switching for a single h4 lamp and that means the low beam filament will stay on when the high beam is activated. This will overheat the h4 bulb and socket. There is a fix for it.
See that the low beam turns off when the high beam is turned on. :)

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You may try "welding" the plastic tab back on with a soldering gun. Use a "zip tie" as a filler.

Practice on some other plastic making sure you get good penetration, then fill with the zip tie.

There's several video's on You Tube.

I've gotten pretty good filling in stripped plastic holes on mostly Echo (commercial) chainsaws as well as the plastic housings (that are beat up by commercial tree guys-one of my accounts). Welded other tabs with success as well, just keep the gun tip super clean and very hot..