First service

desperate

Reaction score
Visit site
600 hundred mile service today and a top box fitted, which can be easily removed. Asked them to check the chain tension as someone said it was too tight and the front shocks as I thought they clonked a bit. Also the engine sounds a bit Whiney. The garage said all was absolutely fine. This is re assuring as I am a novice and new to the joys of biking and probably just not used to the noises bikes make as this is my first bike.

When I got home I did find that the dip stick and not been screwed in, lucky it was still there. that was not very re assuring

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I was worried about some noises also but consider that the engine is below you between your legs and not in front of you behind a firewall. :p

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
600 hundred mile service today and a top box fitted, which can be easily removed. Asked them to check the chain tension as someone said it was too tight and the front shocks as I thought they clonked a bit. Also the engine sounds a bit Whiney. The garage said all was absolutely fine. This is re assuring as I am a novice and new to the joys of biking and probably just not used to the noises bikes make as this is my first bike.

When I got home I did find that the dip stick and not been screwed in, lucky it was still there. that was not very re assuring

the front caliper is probably the source of the clunk, i think they all do that.

it should sound whiney...its a fuel injected 4 cylinder that pulls 13,600 rpm!

sounds like you need to do your own service...at least change the oil yourself.:D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also the engine sounds a bit Whiney. The garage said all was absolutely fine. This is re assuring as I am a novice and new to the joys of biking and probably just not used to the noises bikes make as this is my first bike.

This is my first water cooled bike and my first fuel injected missle:rockon:. 'Til now all my bikes had points to adjust:eek:...lol...so some of the whines got me too. If you are in a place where there are no intesections, traffic or bends just move your head around from side to side and front to back and you can hear what all the bits sound like. That way if something changes you can do the same again and pick up where it's coming from:thumbup:. Took me ages to figure out the water pump noise:rolleyes:...lol. Also with the standard rims on the 07 a cross wind will actually cause the rims to howl a bit...lol.
Cheers
Mike

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Some of the whine is the transmission, as the tolerances are pretty tight.

You can also hear the fuel pump running.

The transmission whine will decrease over time, but the puel pump...well you don't WANT that to go away.