First sunny Sunday of the year:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear this, yes it was great weather here as well. Yesterday I went for a short ride with a mate of mine who revived his bike from it's hibernation, as did many others. Take it easy out there everyone, especially those who have just got their bikes out again.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked my bike up this afternoon after its 12k service ready for a run on Friday with some friends around Mid Wales

It does take a few rides to get the bike settled and some skills back

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
It does take a few rides to get the bike settled and some skills back

I feel it after a fortnight's break, I don't know how guys cope who garage the bike over winter. It's probably almost worth having a 125 lying around for you and your group to play on for an hour before getting the big bikes out just to get used to it again.

EDIT: as a side note, it wasn't just the bikers playing silly buggers yesterday. On my home from work I had to pull two emergency stops because of car drivers overtaking each other either round blind corners or up blind summits. It usually happens a couple of times a month, but last night I'd only just recovered from the first one, crossed a roundabout and it'd happened again.

It's not a good feeling when a pair of headlights coming towards you, suddenly turns into two pairs of headlights, line abreast, on a single carriageway road.

Last edited:

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
I was out on Sunday riding around the Yorkshire dales, fantastic roads in that part of the world with its own risks due to other motorists!

It was my first 'proper' ride since passing my test albeit with experianced riders on litre super sports bike which made an interesting ride

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Whereabouts? I'll be up the Manor Cafe (Bellerby) for the Big Brew weekender, first weekend of May and then again on the 24th for another All Year Biker treatment to make sure the last of winter is properly washed off.

This was along the A614 that I had to pull those stops. Friggin idiots on their way from a day at the seaside no doubt, regardless of who they kill.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel it after a fortnight's break, I don't know how guys cope who garage the bike over winter. It's probably almost worth having a 125 lying around for you and your group to play on for an hour before getting the big bikes out just to get used to it again.

EDIT: as a side note, it wasn't just the bikers playing silly buggers yesterday. On my home from work I had to pull two emergency stops because of car drivers overtaking each other either round blind corners or up blind summits. It usually happens a couple of times a month, but last night I'd only just recovered from the first one, crossed a roundabout and it'd happened again.

It's not a good feeling when a pair of headlights coming towards you, suddenly turns into two pairs of headlights, line abreast, on a single
carriageway road.

That sort of thing is never nice.

I have done my IAM, I do bikesafe every year and theis Saturday I am doing a ROSPA assessed ride so I am doing all I can to keep myself safeand Friday will also be the first ride out with a mate who came off his bike November 12 and broke his neck:Sport:

Luckily - he survived breaking C2 or was it C1- the one with the sticky up bit.... and back on the bike with us - so yes- we will take it steady Friday:rockon:.... leading up to a possible France trip in the summerBlah

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site

It's not a good feeling when a pair of headlights coming towards you, suddenly turns into two pairs of headlights, line abreast, on a single
carriageway road.

That sort of thing is never nice.

I have done my IAM, I do bikesafe every year and this Saturday I am doing a ROSPA assessed ride so I am doing all I can to keep myself safe and Friday will also be the first ride out with a mate who came off his bike November 12 and broke his neck:Sport:

Luckily - he survived breaking C2 or was it C1- the one with the sticky up bit.... and back on the bike with us - so yes- we will take it steady Friday:rockon:.... leading up to a possible France trip in the summer Blah

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Luckily - he survived breaking C2 or was it C1- the one with the sticky up bit.... and back on the bike with us - so yes- we will take it steady Friday:rockon:.... leading up to a possible France trip in the summerBlah

I know it's been a while since you posted this. How was the ride and how's your friend getting on?

He is a lucky bugger fractures at that level can result with life long Quadriplegia.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
He spent many months in a collar and had an peration to pin the bones about six months ago and got the all clear on Wednesday and cameout with us and five of his mates on Friday

We did about 200 miles of the best Welsh roads and as usual he is at the front of the pack... did I mention he rides an MV F4 - a more neck aching bike couldnt imaging but he loves it

My Fazer- well... all rund excellent bike and on the twisty side roads the big litre bikes cant use their power and the FZ comes into its own.... now if only I could corner like them they would never catch me.

I have the gopro's to prove it but no idea how to upload them- we have one road that is my favourite and is about 10 miles of pure biking pleasure ending in hairpins and a panoramic hil view that can see across several counties

Coming back down the hill is a completely different road!- love it!

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to my friends here I read most of the recommended books for noobies. So my plan for the first nice day that I ride is to go to a parking lot and get the muscle memory back. To start/stop and work on the clutch. We even have a jr high school that has a road all the way around the school like a track. It is where I went last year after getting through the MSF course and I just went nice and slow. Figure 8, tight turn, brakes and clutch. After that I'll hit the route I know the best.