Flasher relay

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the pod lights on my 2007. Already soldered everything but the fast blinking is becoming more and more annoying. My question is, do I just need 1 flash relay to rectify the problem? Also, on the 2007 model, where would I go about replacing/installing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Scott! I was only finding the 2006 and lower so I wasn't sure if it was the same

Edit- I see that I was wrong and that they do have the 2007 model thanks!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, on the 2007 model, where would I go about replacing/installing it?

I've seen incorrect depictions of where this flasher relay lives. There is only 1 flasher relay and it is the same flashe that runs you turn signals and you 4 way emergency light mode.
Inside left side fairing. Down low in the fairing. You should be able to reach up and lift it with it's rubber mount up and off the plastic tab. Then swap it with the new electronic flasher. :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you go to Partzilla, ( Partzilla: OEM Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, Marine Parts ), put in your specific information,

you can look up any part / assembly your interested in, ie:

Part #33
Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2007 FZ6 - FZS6W ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram

That #33 (flasher relay) location, has been posted on those diagrams incorrectly for some time now. I don't know why they won't correct the diagram. Front left fairing. Low and on the inside. It's on a rubber damper mount just inside at the bottom of the fairing. :)

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
That #33 (flasher relay) location, has been posted on those diagrams incorrectly for some time now. I don't know why they won't correct the diagram. Front left fairing. Low and on the inside. It's on a rubber damper mount just inside at the bottom of the fairing. :)

That's what I thought as well but it has been a few years since I had my FZ6 so I was not 100% sure. I knew you would know though and eventually chime in!