Fork springs from gs500e?

polydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
HI, I know theres been plenty of discussion about fork/spring/suspension mods so sorry if this is redundant. I have some progressive springs I bought for my old gs500e, they've never been installed or taken out of the box. SO, i'm just wondering if these are universal (ish) and if so can I install them on my fz6? I'm new to this scene, so I apologize if this is a stupid question. Any response would be greatly appreciated though!

*btw- I have a 2006 fz6 I bought 2 months ago. It had 7k on it when I bought it, and its got about 10.5k now. Also has these mods: fz1 handlebar, grips (?), quick connect battery hook up/12v outlet mounted on bars, f2p garage door opener, fake-carbon fiber tank pad, michelin pilot road 2's, yamaha touring windscreen, traffic light magnet... more to come!

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
RT - Digital Product Search

You can check the spring specs for each there. From a cursory look (assuming '89-90, since you said 500E), the stock springs are about half the rate you'd want, and the heaviest ones Racetech sells are what you'd want... and that's assuming the diameter and free length were correct.

In short... even if you can, you probably don't want to, in this case.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
^+1 Springs are relatively inexpensive, and probably the best mod most people could do to the FZ6 with limited mechanical experience. Even a brand new rider could manage the task in a day, the benefit is immediate, and will not wear out.

If the springs are appropriate for the installation, that is.....