Forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All I have installed an app that will make life easier for mobile users of the form its called Tapatalk. It is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:
IMG_0036.png

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:
IMG_0037.png

See Who's Online:
IMG_0038.png

Reply to Post and Image Upload:
IMG_0041.png

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support
IMG_0042.png

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel
main.png

Same feature set as iPhone:
threadmenu.png

Quickly Reply to a conversation:
thread_bottom_menu.png

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:
latest-v.png

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also
imageview.png

Check out Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia BlackBerry forum app for vBulletin phpBB IPBoard SMF for more information!

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All I have installed an app that will make life easier for mobile users of the form its called Tapatalk. It is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:
IMG_0036.png

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:
IMG_0037.png

See Who's Online:
IMG_0038.png

Reply to Post and Image Upload:
IMG_0041.png

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support
IMG_0042.png

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel
main.png

Same feature set as iPhone:
threadmenu.png

Quickly Reply to a conversation:
thread_bottom_menu.png

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:
latest-v.png

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also
imageview.png

Check out Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia BlackBerry forum app for vBulletin phpBB IPBoard SMF for more information!
Thanks Dennis.

Installed and working on the iphone.

It's great! Much easier to navigate.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome!! Thanks Kazza.. You are the first user... let me know how you like it and how it works... I dont have an IPhone.. I have a palm pro

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is awesome. We've just had a play around with it on the iphone. Soooo easy to find things on there. With the iphone before, had to enlarge the screen to use it, then you would only get part of the page showing. Not user fiendly at all. But with the tapatalk RO (the free one......) it is excelllent. Haven't posted with it yet. Maybe do that later.

Thanks again :thumbup:

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Was going good on my Android HTC Desire, till I got this..

Might not be able to post on the free one for the iPhone either.

Sure, you can post with the paid one, but I'm not gonna fork out to do what I can do for free in the web browser.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was going good on my Android HTC Desire, till I got this..

Might not be able to post on the free one for the iPhone either.

Sure, you can post with the paid one, but I'm not gonna fork out to do what I can do for free in the web browser.
Yep, just found out you have to pay for the application to be able to post. It was $4. Just paid - we use the iphone when we're out and about so it is ok for us.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm I want a kickback from them now lol.. the sofware for the forums was free but I guess 4 bux for an app aint too bad.

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Yep, just found out you have to pay for the application to be able to post. It was $4. Just paid - we use the iphone when we're out and about so it is ok for us.

Ahh, I guess $4 isn't too bad, but I still haven't hooked up my credit card to my phone yet.. Maybe one day when I can be bothered :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmmm....having problems downloading it...might have to wait for the resident I Phone guru (My Missus!) to get home from work!

:confused:

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site

The free version (RO = Read Only) will not let you post. You won't be able to watch large versions of images either. I'll probably pay, as I can use the app to follow my own phpBB based forum in addition to the FZ6 forum. :thumbup:

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the free version and on Saturday got the full version (if I remember correctly I paid $2,99).

I have posted some messages using the app and works great. I think you can only upload one picture per message.

Thanks Dennis,

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting discovery made the other day. This app works just fine for me on my Nokia E72 on the FZ1 forum, but when I try to use it for the FZ6 forum it tells me it is going to view it in the usual browser. Anyone got any clues for me...lol. Free version, but for Nokia it is a free app with full browsing and posting functionality:thumbup:.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I only wish the Tapatalk version allowed me to "Thank" posts and, as a moderator DELETE posts.

Then it would be perfect :rockon: