Forza 3 Motorsport

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd start a thread on this.
I got it, and am having a ball playing it online. The single player gets a bit boring, I had more fun on Forza 2 single player.

Only been online in private parties as yet, the public online servers are still a bit of a pain. They haven't rolled out the entire selection of classes and races yet, apparently they wanted to gauge the "meltdown" when the game got released "worldwide" (us Aussies got the game a week earlier than America???). They are working on it, and should be fixed soon. Hopefully the online scoreboards will be up and running within a week too.

Private races are pretty cool, and lotsa fun, just make the rules as we go.. Someone names a class of car, someone else names a track, and away you go.
We just have some fun, nothing too serious, if you get punted off the track, no big deal, laugh about it, and get back and chase them down.

My current challenge with a group on my friends list... Make the fastest A Class drag car. I've managed to get an Audi done to a 10.8 quarter mile... still working on gear ratios to get it quicker.

All up, not a bad game, happy with my purchase.

:rockon:

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
How is the drag racing in it? Didn't care much for the racing aspect of Forza 2 once you started to progress in career mode because the races got to be too long for my taste but drag racing is getting me to think about getting it.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How is the drag racing in it? Didn't care much for the racing aspect of Forza 2 once you started to progress in career mode because the races got to be too long for my taste but drag racing is getting me to think about getting it.

Hmm, well, it works, but is average. There are some things they've added in the game that screw it up.

They play a little animation as you line up on the grid, (car rolls to the line, then it revs to the red-line), then as the clock counts down to start, you have no control of the revs. When you finally get control, the race starts, so there's no chance to get the revs where you want them to start the race... Makes it hard, especially in drags.

you do sorta get used to it, and it's not too bad, but I would like them to remove the animation.
Lot's of people complaining about it at forzamotorsports.net

:rockon: