Frame Sliders: T-Rex vs. Motovation

element192

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just picked up my 2004 FZ6 last week. I've been reading through a ton of the postings on this forum looking for the mods I want to start with. A popular one seems to be frame sliders. It seems like T-Rex, Motovation, and LSL are the most popular choices. My only real question is: how are the T-Rex sliders? They seem considerably cheaper than the other two at only $24 shipped. The Motovation sliders are around $90 shipped. What gives? I know frame sliders are controversial but anyone have any opinions on these for me?

Thanks!

Chris

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
Also look into Shogun Frame Sliders, they're also popular and I like them. They saved my bike last week when I dropped it coming out of the driveway, not a scratch on the frame or engine. They're reasonably priced as well, about $35-$40.

Last edited:

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an FYI on T-Rex:
I installed T-Rex sliders late last year and they helped out alot in my mishap so I figured I'd order another set to replace the right (shorter) side that I messed up a couple months ago.

Checked their eBay listing, everything looked the same, but once I received them I found out that they've updated their design recently and now the sliders are around .5" shorter on each side in addition to a couple changes to the looks - if anything I would think they'd have gone a bit longer...

E-mailed them and they apologized that the pictures in the listing weren't correct but stated that the new design is the same length....nice roundabout way of calling your return customer a retard since I explained that I have both generations of sliders in front of me...I'll be going with Shogun or something else if I need to replace them again in the future.

Ended up just replacing the messed up right slider with the longer, left side one from the new set - they don't match at all since the new design has little lines etched around the circumference of the slider but whatever.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the Motovation sliders and I'm glad I did. Lowsided at the track around 30 mph - bike slid a good distance on the slider. If it hadn't been there.......................I don't even want to think about it.

View attachment 21039

Ground down about 1/4". I will replace it this winter.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I just installed Motovations courtesy of Rider1a. He pulled them off to fit a full set of crashbars.

They were missing a bolt, so I drove by Motovation today. (They're a couple of miles from my house. How cool is that?)

Got a new bolt and was on my way. The folks there were quite nice, and I got to see the warehouse. It's actually a pretty small room with a lot of shelves of product, and an MV Augusta guarding the front door. Frowr!

Anyway, I like the Motovations so far. They look good, and I like how they're designed to spin even when fully torqued, so they act like little wheels when the bike is sliding along the pavement.

I'm not planning on testing them.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what about lsl sliders??? no love for them??? I love mine :).. never had the pleasure of seeing how they work first hand, but have heard lots of good things...

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Wanting to support a TX company and reading good reports of actual use I ordered Motovation also. Got axle and fork sliders while I was at it. I read somewhere their "plastic" is special and designed to take the slide without cracking, shattering, and very dense. Also like that they spin when fully tightened, though I was sure I put them on wrong at first!.....:thumbup:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed Motovations courtesy of Rider1a. He pulled them off to fit a full set of crashbars.

They were missing a bolt, so I drove by Motovation today. (They're a couple of miles from my house. How cool is that?)

Got a new bolt and was on my way. The folks there were quite nice, and I got to see the warehouse. It's actually a pretty small room with a lot of shelves of product, and an MV Augusta guarding the front door. Frowr!

You guys in Austin are lucky, Motovation for sliders and Nforza for gear, both right there in town:D

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my t-rex sliders !!!!!!!!

Just got my T-Rex sliders in a few days ago, and they are awesome!! They seem very solid and I'm excited/amazed about the quality. They were $15 plus shipping. I haven't seen/used any Motovation Sliders, but the T-Rex are totally worth it.