Frame Sliders

mtucker

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a 2009 FZ6r this week. I'm very new to the sport and am worried that i will drop my bike:( . I'm considering investing in some frame sliders for my bike, but the only ones I know that are made for that bike come from Yamaha and are pretty pricey. Does anyone know if the frame sliders for the FZ6 will fit my bike? Thanks

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a 2009 FZ6r this week. I'm very new to the sport and am worried that i will drop my bike:( . I'm considering investing in some frame sliders for my bike, but the only ones I know that are made for that bike come from Yamaha and are pretty pricey. Does anyone know if the frame sliders for the FZ6 will fit my bike? Thanks
I have an '09 and just intalled mcteague's second choice, the T-Rex sliders. Straight from the company's site, they were $24 shipped. Took all of 3 minutes to put them on and remove the sticker around the rim.

They shipped the correct bolt for this year (90mm) and I just made sure I through down some blue Locktite along the thread and torqued 'em. They have remained solid and I have heard good things, especially for the price. They do have the metal inserts. And, despite the pic that was on the site, they do have two grooves which is kind of a cool look. If they fail me, I may look at another brand, but until then, I am happy with the purchase and apparent quality.

Scorp

P.S. If you have an R, not sure if these same sliders fit. Might want to post in the FZ6R forum and also shoot an email to T-Rex Racing.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since your bike is the R model, with these choices, you will need to cut the fairings to install. I know Intuitive makes a no-cut set but they are pricey and almost never in stock.

Good choice to be looking out for them though! I'm sure other companies will come forward with no-cuts soon too.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not sure if they'll fit, but yamaha has the sliders with the extra spacer for the full cowling on the fz6.
I currently have rizoma's', they worked great protecting the frame when my bike went side ways :p