Free Harley, if you can lift it.

xnay

Reaction score
Visit site
My buddies and I found this on the road yesterday while out in the mountains. It looks as though he came out of the previous corner a bit off and wasn't lined up for the next. He braked but couldn't bring it to the left enough after and went right into the drainage trench. Luckily he was going uphill so I think he was alright. No sign of blood or the rider, but we did find his HD half-face helmet, HD jacket, and gloves neatly stacked behind the barrier on the other side of the road. We figured he must have started walking back to civilization.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Too funny! But, really, could probably have been any rider. I'm just laughing because of the 'free" thread tiitle. I've went off the roadside once and, somehow, managed to keep upright and get back on the road despite there being a lot of crevices/rocks, etc.

xnay

Reaction score
Visit site
To be fair, a lot of roads over here in the mountains aren't the best on cruisers. This is the section of the 460 he went down on. Lots of twists and turns. These roads are more suited to sport bikes.

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
what a sight:eek:
now i know why they call these bikes hogs
you'd need a crane to get that thing out

Attachments

• hog1.jpg
    hog1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 29

MidLifeCrisis

Reaction score
Visit site
We shouldn't bash Harley's.

I'm told 80% of all Harley's ever build are still on the road today.

The other 20% made it home. :BLAA:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Well reiterates my theory -- that hardley's are good for only 3 things:

-Draining the pocket
-Making a lot of noise
-Going in a straight line

But definitely an interesting find. Hope the guy was alright. At least he was wearing gear unlike most harley riders....and looks like the bike didn't take too much damage. He landed upright after all - if I had to crash, I'd probably pick this scenario.

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
they rip good but can not rip through the corners that fast , i see them in ditches a lot .This one probably took a turn too fast and a few seconds later he was stuck in that hole .