Fuel light flashin 8 times

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps add some details to go with the pictures!!!
Bike is an R1 ~ 2006.

Because you have the FSM, post up what it says about the flashes and read the specification section about the fuel gauge resistance values.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In picture 7 it appears you probed the colored wire at the gauge and ohmed it to the cluster. GOOD!!!! The colors were the same and your meter reads Open! Bad! Means break in wire.

Try this; grab a needle or something very sharp and peirce the wire jacket into the colored wire by the tank connector. The goal is to contact the copper wire on the inside. Now ohm from the pin touching the wire to the connector. It should read 1 ohm or less.

If it doesnt, move the probe from the tank connector to the gauge cluster conductor of the proper color.
If it reads 1 ohm or less, the wire is broken inside the tanks connector.

Arxagelos

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the delay guys, I'm out for the Holy spirit holiday, I'll come back with more details soon.
Thnks for your time.

@ FinalImpact
Today as I ride for work the fuel light was blinking, but after a sort time it stays on and changed to Ftrip mode(with a full gas tank), after a short time it starts flashing again...
Does this show a bad fuel sensor up the fuel pump?

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Posting the FSM specs for the fuel sensor would help and performing the suggested tests could provide valuable information.

Grab some wired aligator clips so you can connect you ohm meter to the tank while its in a normal position and see what it reads. As best I can tell there is no clear direction about what is defective. You have to take the time to test one or the other and prove which is working vs not working. Then we'll have direction.
Make sense?