Fuel pump kicking off without pressure

Sounds like R6 value!
With this it would be fat rich. Although it should start and run, it would blubber and load up plugs.

Running CR8E plugs may help as they're 1 range hotter, but you need to swap in an FZ6 or FZ6R pressure regulator.... PS I'm running CR10E's as they are cooler for ignition mod...

Any reason to discredit that gauge? Can you verify it on a tire or something against another gauge?

Last edited:
Okay I think the gauge was the problem. Im reading 36psi maybe a touch more.

I put those plugs in shortly after the problem started thinking that may be the answer.

Last edited:
As you don't know the mileage on the engine/maintenance, etc something to consider checking, JUST TO RULE it out.

Pull the valve cover and RS cam chain cover and MAKE SURE ALL the timing marks (both cams and crank) are dead nuts on.

Just make sure you crank the engine forward (clockwise) so the chain is taught on the TOP RUN and exhaust to crank run.

Its a long shot but if you have fuel, spark, compression, if the timing isn't correct it either won't run or run crappy.

PM sent

Other than physically adding fuel to it; it doesn't appear anything else is actually known for certain.

Fuel pressure test was inconclusive as best I can tell as the gauge is not trusted.

Spark is unknown as spark on the outside does not mean there is spark where it matters.

Until these items are ruled out, its difficult to find the cause that is if it stops at one item.

Either NEW plugs (again).
Check coil voltage while cranking.
Fuel pressure with a trusted gauge. Flow volume while at pressure (not an issue at idle).
Looking at the TPS wouldnt be a bad idea. Even with a Volt meter.
I'm just saying you can't assume anything works untill you verify it.

Back