FZ6 FANTASY FOOTBALL draft complete....Happy?

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How does everyone feel about their teams?....My comp froze for 3 of my picks but all in all I'm happy. Picked up 'PAC MAN' Jones as my D guy...Hope he gets reinstated!!

ps...Someone said at the draft that Carson Palmer was Junk...lol....thats funny....consecutive 4000+ yards seasons....whatta p.o.s eh?!?! gl everybody :thumbup:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
How does everyone feel about their teams?....My comp froze for 3 of my picks but all in all I'm happy. Picked up 'PAC MAN' Jones as my D guy...Hope he gets reinstated!!

ps...Someone said at the draft that Carson Palmer was Junk...lol....thats funny....consecutive 4000+ yards seasons....whatta p.o.s eh?!?! gl everybody :thumbup:

Hot off the Wire. Adam Jones reinstated. Looks like you dont have to worry about that anymore.

As for Carson Palmer, 4k+ yards a season doesnt mean much if you dont make the offs. Kitna threw for over 4k yards last season too, but I dont think that makes him one of the leagues elite. I think he's a solid QB, but he tends to get overlooked as such because of the rest of his teammates making headlines, and not in a good way.

/.02 cents

Tampa Bay FTW! :rockon::rockon:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, as for the draft results. I feel like I've got a pretty stacked team, as is usually the case with a 10 person league. I would have preferred a 12 man league to add a degree of difficulty to the drafting process but its all good. It's football and as every fan knows, anything can happen on Sunday!

I'm pretty much just psyched for football season in general! Opening day cant get here fast enought! :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info on Jones.....Yea, Palmer is no Brady but 'Junk"?!?!?....I know everybody has their own opinions but when that opinion isn't in line with mine....:spank:...lol

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have proposed a trade to a couple of members here. WR Plaxibo Burress for the Giants, and QB Phillip Rivers for SD is on the trading blocks. I am looking for a quality RB.

River's will be a great QB, SD should have a high powered offense.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info on Jones.....Yea, Palmer is no Brady but 'Junk\"?!?!?....I know everybody has their own opinions but when that opinion isn't in line with mine....:spank:...lol

Def wouldn't call him junk. I'd say this is the year Cincy will need to prove something or Marvin Lewis might be looking for another team.

Picked up Kitna as a back up. My starter is Favre...he's my sleeper along with Ahman Green.

IDK, I think Favre could have a solid year IF Thomas Jones produces AND the offensive line vastly improves in pass blocking over last year.

SD should have a high powered offense.

LT all day baby!! :Flip:

Rookie08FZ6

Rookie
Reaction score
Visit site
Def wouldn't call him junk. I'd say this is the year Cincy will need to prove something or Marvin Lewis might be looking for another team.

Thats what I was hoping for and knowing Palmer he'll throw for nother 3K+ and hopefully with Chad injured, my MAN "TJ" will get bulk of the throws ;)

And im hoping Michael Turner in ATL will have a solid year now that he is a starter

This is my first time playing in a fantasy league, so can't wait for it to start. :thumbup:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
This is my first time playing in a fantasy league, so can't wait for it to start. :thumbup:

Oh man, prepare for it to engulf your life. I've been playing Fantasy sports for about 6-7 years now, I love it and hate it at the same time. To be good it really takes a good amount of attention to what is going around all around the league. But there is also a certain amount of luck which makes it nice for anyone to play.

Last year my buddy joined our work league, never played before, didnt even really watch too much football but he drafted Tom Brady. Walked away with the pot at the end of the year (beat me in the championship game by 6 pts :banghead:), so you never know.

Oh and you should be all set with Hoosh, I'd have picked him over ocho cinco anyway.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I am all ready guys. I have my Direct TV NFL Package, so I can watch any game at home in High Def 1080P.

I'm incredibly jealous. My apt association does not allow satellite dishes!!! :banghead::banghead: So the only way I get to watch my team is on the computer Via a slingbox at my parents house in Tampa. Not ideal but better than waiting for SC. I did have the NFL package a few years ago, completely worth it.

I saw they have a new feature that allows you to input your fantasy players and whenever they score you get a pop up on your screen! How cool is that!?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has everyone agreed on this $25? We need a list of members who are willing to put up $25. I'm in by the way. I doesn't have to be $25, it can be for a gift card, gas card, etc. I'm open to suggestions.

For those who aren't too confident about their teams, it doesn't mean a thing, as injuries to key star players will absolutely devastate your team or someone elses unless you or they have a strong back up.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Also in for $25.

How are we going to handle the money is the next question. Honor system? Send commish funds to hold for winner? Other suggestions?

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
Here was my suggestion after the draft while I was still in the draft room.

At the end of the season the 1st place and 2nd place team e-mail everyone thier mailing address. Everone send the first place team 20 bucks and the second place team 5 bucks.

The second place team would then send the first place team :confused:i think $15:confused: or is it $10 if my math is correct.