FZ6: Fuel / ignition - Running Problem (won't rev)

You could remove the sediment trap (filter) and "back flush it with solvents" if need be. Just saying for future reference to others as its not a filter media that hold particles.

So your saying you used the 46 PSI (3.17 Bar) P/R from the R6 pump?

Can you take picture of what remains if none were taken during the repair?

You could remove the sediment trap (filter) and "back flush it with solvents" if need be. Just saying for future reference to others as its not a filter media that hold particles.

So your saying you used the 46 PSI (3.17 Bar) P/R from the R6 pump?

Can you take picture of what remains if none were taken during the repair?

we are using the FZ6 pressure regulator. the only difference is the plastics are from the R6 (also the pump) but i'm assuming it's the same pump since the id number on the pump was the same. we just had to bore a new hole in the r6 plastics to be able to use the "old" fz6 pressure regulator, and now everything is fine

However. The R6 pump is a lot more quiet than my FZ6 pump. the fz6 pump was much more noisy. is there any reasonable explanation to why my fz6 pump was so noisy ?

However. The R6 pump is a lot more quiet than my FZ6 pump. the fz6 pump was much more noisy. is there any reasonable explanation to why my fz6 pump was so noisy ?

When they wear out they get noisy.

Fuel helps keep the pump cool so running the tank low on fuel doesn't help its life span.... :thumbup:

we are using the FZ6 pressure regulator. the only difference is the plastics are from the R6 (also the pump) but i'm assuming it's the same pump since the id number on the pump was the same. we just had to bore a new hole in the r6 plastics to be able to use the "old" fz6 pressure regulator, and now everything is fine

Likely because the pump was cavitating as its inlet was restricted. Like a boat prop 1/2 out of the water, when it sucks air it boils the water which makes it very loud.

Did this R6 FP assembly NOT have a return pipe? Do you have a clue what year it was from?

Pic from Fuel Tank Repair thread: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...mpact-trouble-shooting-maintenance-guide.html
R6FuelPump2_zps773b9776.jpg~original

Back