FZ6 HID PROJECTOR RETROFIT installations!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
This is NOT a group buy! I will offer this service to FZ6 owners as long as I can! There is no minimum number of buyers required to get this low pricing.

This past weekend I did my second retrofit on an FZ-6, this time with the high performance Morimoto mini projector. The fitment is perfect, as if it was made for the FZ6!

Being that I have been retrofitting HID projectors into cars for the past 9 years...I would like to offer my fellow FZ6 owners the ability to see at night for a very reasonable price. I am going to offer this low price because compared to the work involved to retrofit larger projectors into automotive headlights, the FZ6 lights are relatively simple if using the Morimoto projectors if you have experience in retrofitting.

Here is what would be required.

1. You would have to remove your headlight assembly and ship it to me

2. I will provide all HID components & retrofit installation labor

3. Total cost to you will be $345 USD (plus return insured shipping*)
*shipping will be approximately $20 for the east coast, $27 for central US, $35 for West coast
This is NOT a group buy! I will offer this price to FZ6 owners as long as I can! There is no minimum number of buyers required! Payments must be made in full before I can ship out finished retrofit lights via Paypal.com

4. What you will get:
A. This HID kit:
Mini%20H1%20Stage%20III%20Kit-1860l.jpg

Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

B. Installation, optional blacked out housing for no additional charge.
Final product:
GalaxyS3backup496_zps4b925ee5.jpg

GalaxyS3backup494_zps82fdbf96.jpg

GalaxyS3backup491_zps44b89c4f.jpg

*above shown with optional POD lights installed.

I can install AMBER LED POD lights for an additional $30. These can be wired into your turn signal so they blink with your signals or used as running lights, or both.
IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Morimoto projector output:
GalaxyS3backup485_zpsdb2e6df2.jpg

Output on road:
Low beam
Img_0387.jpg

High beam
Img_0385.jpg

Here is a thread from one of the car message boards I frequent (Honda Prelude) where I have quite a few vouches for my work on Headlight retrofits.
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327928

Installed2009FZ6_zpsb3762509.png

Last edited:

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
For anyone wondering, the last pic fizzer6 posted is of my bike. I plan on doing a full write up in another thread but I thought I should pop in and mention what an amazing job he did. The entire setup looks like it could have come from the Yamaha factory, it looks that nice.

Turn around time was about a week and I couldn't be happier. Disassembly and reassembly was very easy, albeit a little time consuming.

I went out tonight and aimed my projectors and all I can say is wow! They literally turn night into day!

If anyone has any questions about my experience feel free to ask!

Thanks again fizzer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
For anyone wondering, the last pic fizzer6 posted is of my bike. I plan on doing a full write up in another thread but I thought I should pop in and mention what an amazing job he did. The entire setup looks like it could have come from the Yamaha factory, it looks that nice.

Turn around time was about a week and I couldn't be happier. Disassembly and reassembly was very easy, albeit a little time consuming.

I went out tonight and aimed my projectors and all I can say is wow! They literally turn night into day!

If anyone has any questions about my experience feel free to ask!

Thanks again fizzer!

Thanks for the good review. Glad you like your lights. I really think Morimoto projectors have come a long way, the performance is almost on par with the high end OEM HID projectors!

How was your first night ride with real headlights? :D

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the good review. Glad you like your lights. I really think Morimoto projectors have come a long way, the performance is almost on par with the high end OEM HID projectors!

How was your first night ride with real headlights? :D

It was horrible! It was in the 20s! The headlights were great though :D. Insanely bright!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
I did this to my Goldwing (morimoto retro) as well as the wifes car, and have enough stuff to do one more and have been thinking about doing it to her bike, and after seeing those pics I think I have some work to do!

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
No doubt it is. Most anything is better than northern VA.

I'm considering dropping it off and picking it back up. I bought the H1 mini kit from TRS back on Black Friday and I still haven't gotten around to installing it. I had a bear of a time on the D2S kit I bought for my truck, breaking multiple reflectors in the process, so my confidence in performing the retrofit on my FZ6 is waning. I'm also not sure how the projector will fit on the rider's right side since the hole is bigger. Do I actually need two different projectors?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that the kit includes multiple adapters to fit the different bulb types. There's one to fit each side.

Last edited:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
Correct. At the absolute worst the way that they mount off the stem, with the rubber spacers and such one side may sit back just a fraction. And that would be worst case. If I remember the fz housing well enough the holes are not enough different to cause that much difference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk