FZ6 Meter problems

Fazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Well my "select button" on my meter isn't working, which isn't allowing me to see my odometer only my trip meter.

Its a 2007 FZ6 and im not sure if i should open it up and try and work on it or just get a new one.

anybody dealt with this problem or have any advice?

Havnt had the prob,but you can open it up & have a look-see.You dont want to buy one(new)trust me $$$$$$.:thumbup:

Did you try to switch it with only the electrics on? My bike seems to not want to switch the modes with the bike running. May just be when it is actually shifted, but as long as the motor isn't running, mine always seems to work alright.

From my electronics background and the pics I've seen, the buttons are momentary contact type buttons. Kind of like a PS3 controller or a calculator. So, either the contact material on the bottom of the button is going bad, or there's something wrong with the logic chip. If it's the button you can replace the rubber button. If it's not... Well... I hope you like the trip meter.

I know my reset button works while I'm moving. The quick taps to change from airbox to coolant temp does anyway.

Haha yea i don't like the price of a new one, and i think i am going to try and open it up and check it

also when i got the bike the select button was a little chewed up not much it just looks like someone had some sharp finger nails, so its possible water got down inside there. :p

@aziebell the screen flashes fuel bars when i first turn it on and the buttons still wont work until i move the bike its self.

Hey,

I have the same problem.
Will not switch between KM. trip1, trip2 and time.
My FZS600 is from '98. Any sugesstions?
And is there a workshopplace walktrough ?

thanx.

Not sure about the 07 speedo, but the when this happens with the older model (04-06) I have found its a capacitor on the board that the solder joint has cracked or it has broken off altogether & on that model the speedo does not come apart, you have to carefully saw around the outside, do the repair then plastic weld the thing back up. take it off & shake it see if anything rattles.

Good luck.

Not sure about the 07 speedo, but the when this happens with the older model (04-06) I have found its a capacitor on the board that the solder joint has cracked or it has broken off altogether & on that model the speedo does not come apart, you have to carefully saw around the outside, do the repair then plastic weld the thing back up. take it off & shake it see if anything rattles.

Good luck.

Bummer - (sealed shut)

You might try turning the key off and pulling the battery backup fuse and see if it changes anything (note it could make if worse if thats possible) OR open the tank and disconnect the battery for a couple minutes. I'm not sure how the processor keeps track of miles and all that tho. . . Likely has EEPROM of some kind.

Water ingress or broken parts like the cap falling off sound fatal though. If the fuse disconnect doesn't solve it, I'd saw it open. (But that's just me)!

Back