*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

*****FZ6 Riders: How Tall Are You?*****

• Total voters

gstephen70

Reaction score
Visit site
For what it's worth I am 6'2"except I have short legs. 31" inseam. Torso is rather long. Finding a windshield to fit properly is a chore. Like the CalSci screens.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A touch under 6'3" and about 225 without gear. I'm almost all legs and no torso, though as I used to be about 165 at the same height, I'd probably say I'm all midsection now. :)

Damn you Haribo Gummy Bears, damn you...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

sparkycrew

Reaction score
Visit site
6 foot 6 inches/14 stone 13 lb,thats why i have an fz6 cos i fit it,would have liked an r6 however they are for small people,got some gilles rearsets on mine now and the extra leg room is magic
nick

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
6 foot 7 inches, 200 lbs.

Only mod I've done to my 2007 is a Madstad windscreen which has been great on the highway. I really enjoy riding the bike as is but I do foresee some kind of lowered foot peg in my future.

Johnstrat1927

Reaction score
Visit site
581070_4047805914039_1248675848_33872490_1751178525_n-1.jpg

558610_4041905046521_1248675848_33868311_1502327519_n-2.jpg

5'6 205lbs. Short and heavy hehehe... :BLAA:

Bike is all stock except I took off the center stand and shaved off the side stand stopper for better ground clearance.

Last edited:

redoliander

Reaction score
Visit site
6'4" 165lbs. Finding gear that fits sucks. If it fits my chest it's too short in the arms. Usually have to find long pants. Normal pants are just a bit short and long pants are too long. Trying to find a 1 piece suit is damn near impossible. I put valter moto rearsets for more leg room and added ground clearance. Put clipons on and helped to be able to lay down better.

fzer

Reaction score
Visit site
For what it's worth I am 6'2"except I have short legs. 31" inseam. Torso is rather long. Finding a windshield to fit properly is a chore. Like the CalSci screens.

I'm 6'1 with a 32" inseam and a giant head... when I wear shorts I look like a 6ft1 oompa loompa :tard:

D

Deleted member 17211

What sold me on the FZ was the comfort for my 6'4" frame.

D

Deleted member 17211

6'4" 165lbs. Finding gear that fits sucks. If it fits my chest it's too short in the arms. Usually have to find long pants. Normal pants are just a bit short and long pants are too long. Trying to find a 1 piece suit is damn near impossible. I put valter moto rearsets for more leg room and added ground clearance. Put clipons on and helped to be able to lay down better.

I'm 6'4" and 200, good gear just barely fits my frame right. 30lbs less and I bet I couldn't find anything that fit good. Suits, I recommend getting a custom. Forgot the name of the company, but they will do a custom with 40 measurements for you for under a grand.

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
once you feel comfy:eek: dont worry what others think:D
but personally i think an fjr 1300 is a bike somebody with your height would look good on:thumbup:
plus they similar sit up straight design:thumbup:

Attachments

• fjr1.jpg
    fjr1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 77

fmf

Reaction score
Visit site
6'2" and it feels small pretty dang small to me. from the waist up (I have fz1 bars) feels pretty good but I do need to do a little tweaking. Seat down is just way too small. I thought about some 1" lower pegs but that feels like it would be just enough to piss me off. I love the bike so I just ride it.

I did however make the mistake of sitting on my buddy's triumph tiger 800 xc. Dear God that thing is comfy. Seat feels good, perfect reach to the pegs, and if I were to close my eyes while sitting on the bike and then put my hands where I think would be the absolute most comfortable position, magically thats where the tiger grips are. I'm scared to ride it, I might like it too much.

On the flip side though, when my bike starts to feel cramped I just take a spin on my girlfriends concentration camp sweat box of a bike (gixxer) and mine feels super roomy for a while :D

kennedyted

Reaction score
Visit site
lol 6'2 and 315-320 here, love the bike but not the best for 2up with somebody my size, been looking at fz1s but dont wanna give the 6 up

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
I swear, 90% of motorcycle gear is made to fit people that are around 5'5" with a 30" inseam.

So hard to find anything that is even close to a 34" or 36" inseam and not have them look like MC Hammer Pants.

bitchincamaro

Reaction score
Visit site
I swear, 90% of motorcycle gear is made to fit people that are around 5'5" with a 30" inseam.

So hard to find anything that is even close to a 34" or 36" inseam and not have them look like MC Hammer Pants.

Uhhh, amen. I've yet to find a pair of pants that are ACTUALLY long enough. Any that even come close still ride up above my ankles when on the bike.

I even started a thread about this... Tall riders please contribute...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/44755-best-mods-tall-riders.html

fz6ns2rick

Reaction score
Visit site
The bikes perfect fit for me i reckons , im 5'11" and round 15 stone, it handles great , s2 unfaired so a little windy at times but thats no bother, well not until i spent money on a furryganny jacket and this thing is pretty stiff material , all of a sudden i can become a human windbrake. :eek:

but overall i think its awesome, i started on a wr125r and that was tall in the seat and riding position , compared to that its a breeze (pun intended):D

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Im 6'1'' 250 lbs - so on the weight you will be fine. I have done a few mods or heard about some that help with height and weight.

1) Handlebar risers are a nice to have.
2) Upgrading the handlebars - I have Rizoma
3) Windshield for highway riding - Madstad makes a nice one for us tall guys.
4) Revamp the stock seat - sent mine to Spencer Seats in Florida - cheap fix for many of us.
5) Lower foot pegs - I havent done this, but many have talked about.

Love the bike though - you will too.