FZ6 v honda 919

JeffrosFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from the honda dealer (next to the yamaha dealer), just thought I would walk around when I saw a 919. Its a really nice looking bike (looks like a FZ naked), sits and feels great. Looking at the specs its close to the specs of my bike (FZ6).

Anyone have any experience or know anything about the 919? No im not going to trade my bike for it but just curious.

gforce2002

Reaction score
Visit site
My nephew had a 919 and I drove it a little. Not a bad bike, but I thought it had a fairly heavy feel to it (actual weight and steering) although that was when I was first starting riding so maybe I would feel differently now. I did notice that at lower speeds it had enough vibration that the rear view mirrors were practically useless, they were so blurry. I will say it had a smoother shifting tranmission than the FZ, though.

Jake

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never ridden but have spoke with fellow-rider who owns the 919. Only bad thing he said is that at speeds 100+ the wind is horrible and causes major buffeting-turbulence. Sub-100 runs like a champ.

Jake

H

HavBlue

looks the same. I guess its between a FZ6 and FZ1 as far as specs go. Dont know about the horsepower.
the 599 was carburated, 919 FI.

here is a link.
Honda Motorcycles - 2007 919 - Colors, Specifications, Pricing, Accessories, Gallery

guess they dont make a 2008?

The 599 and the 919 are similar to the FZ6 and FZ1 although there is more difference on the Yamaha side of things. Up through like 2005 the horsepower on the 919 was a close to the FZ6 rather than the FZ1 and the wet weight of the 919 was about 25+ to the FZ6. The bike, again much like the FZ6 to FZ1 will feel heavy front but the torque is awesome by comparison to either the FZ6 or 599. The 599 sells very well in Europe as the Hornet but the 599 and 919 never got a strong following in the US and so much so they dropped the 599 for a year but the upgrades didn't help as the price point for the machine just didn't compare to the likes of the FZ6 or the SV650S which it was compared to in a shootout during the 2004 model year.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the 919 or Hornet CB900F as we call it, is being replaced or sidelined by the new CB1000R, which keeps calling me. :D

gallery_large_02.jpg