FZ6 vs R6 "feel"...

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I rode my friend's 2009 FZ1 and it just seems like a much more "stable" bike. Much like the R6 does.

Either way, I still love my FZ6! If I didn't, I would have sold her and saved up for a triumph daytona 675 no matter what. :)

That is funny I felt like I was more stable on my Fz6 than my Fz1. The guy who had the bike before me I think had all the preloads/compression jammed way down, so there is next to no sag to start with. I feel a little skittish on the road. I have been making an adjustment a week trying to find the right position. I must say that having the front and rear to adjust is nice on the Fz1 compared to Fz6. Although the ease of just setting the rear spring preload and going on the Fz6 was great, took me 2 adjustments and I dialed it in for myself.

The only cool thing on the Fz1 when it's not stable is if I'm on the freeway or coming out of a corner and I get on the throttle hard I can feel the front wheel lifting up a little. Quite a thrill.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
the fz6 is more flickable because its lighter and has a shorter wheelbase. that part is easy science.

Agreed, thank you for putting the final sentence on that paragraph. I just got tired at that point as that I am now somewhat a compulsive poster on all three Fz forums.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a heads up. I was terribly mistaken with the FZ6. What happened is like... when you see a gorgeous girl wearing terrible looking glasses... like this:
dsquared-2012-sunglasses-trend-458x500-279x305.jpg

Long story short... I got a new front tire.

My word. Best money spent on any bike ever. The bike feels so much more stable in every sense of everything! So much more stable at slow speeds, doesn't feel like it wants to fall over at every turn... holds lines in corners SO well. It just is amazing! Falling in love all over again. So that coupled with the new sprocket (+2 rear) and chain I'm putting on next week, I think it'll be a whole new bike. :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The few SS's i've ridden has your face over the front tire (so it feels). . .

For a one bike does it all, the Fizzer with proper corrections to the suspension is pretty respectable dollar per dollar.
i.e. adding R6 forks, FZ1 bars, R1 rear shock with custom valving and pre-load adjuster coupled to the earth via Brigstone S20's is working well. By far the best money spent above all others was the forks and bars. It transforms the bike! PS - not into touring or riding to work so this is a win for me!

seneca

Reaction score
Visit site
Mates, let me tell you that the "feeling" is completely different. The engine seems to be the same but when you reach the 13K rpm in a 2008 R6R is not the same than the Fz, it has variable admision trumpets ... and close to 125 CV.., 30 % more than his sister... and also the exhaust valve for mid-range.

I've got both, a 2008 R6 and a 2008 FZ6 and tested both on track, with the same pilot (my son) the R6 is more than 12 seconds faster at Jerez circuit.

This is the R6 tuned to race at stock/series national champ, no engine tuning allowed...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And this is our Fazer, fork tuned and shock revalved

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

V'sss

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a heads up. I was terribly mistaken with the FZ6. What happened is like... when you see a gorgeous girl wearing terrible looking glasses... like this:
dsquared-2012-sunglasses-trend-458x500-279x305.jpg

Long story short... I got a new front tire.

My word. Best money spent on any bike ever. The bike feels so much more stable in every sense of everything! So much more stable at slow speeds, doesn't feel like it wants to fall over at every turn... holds lines in corners SO well. It just is amazing! Falling in love all over again. So that coupled with the new sprocket (+2 rear) and chain I'm putting on next week, I think it'll be a whole new bike. :)

Great pic. What tire did you go with?

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
There's no question that the R6 is a purebred racing machine and the FZ6 is not. The FZ6 will never quite be able to keep up with an R6 on the track with riders of equivalent skill. And that is what makes it such an awesome compromise. It's close enough to a racing bike but infinitely more comfortable and versatile.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pic. What tire did you go with?

Matched the one I put on the rear: Dunlop RoadSmart

I had the SportMax Q2's on when I bought the bike, but the tire just wore down far too quickly in the center (started squaring off after like 1000 miles, and was worn down to the cords after ~8-10k. Which is understandable for that tire)

I'm hoping the dual compound of the road smarts will give me anther 4-5000 miles and get me through a full season of riding, as I put on 12-14k/season usually.

That and michigan is sooooooooo flat and straight. :(

My word, though... I can't even begin to describe the difference the tires made. I went from "Maybe I'll just save up and upgrade this year to the daytona 675" to "No reason to upgrade this year at all... maybe not even next year either." :D