FZ6 will absolutely wheelie

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Confirmed! The FZ6 S2 will pull a real-life, front wheel off the ground, looking straight at your handlebars, pant-crapping, ball crushing landing, wheelie. Oops!

All you have to do is downshift into first going way too fast and give it too much gas :BLAA:

On my way to work the other day I totally made the exact mistakes needed to pull an actual wheelie. In retrospect it was totally worth it and I'm pretty stoked that it happened. Wouldn't try to repeat it though - the one time is good for me.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I did pretty much the exact same thing, I thought i was in 3rd going to 2nd but when i nailed it and downshifted it happened to be 1st :rolleyes:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely is cabpable! I managed to do a power wheelie this spring with a 17t front sprocket! I threw down the hammer in 1st gear, didn't even know the wheel was up untill I clutched in and shifted to 2nd, and it popped up again when I let out the clutch in 2nd gear! I was like, holy sh!t! did I just get the front wheel off the ground?! Twice?! Adrenaline - CHECK! Big ass smile on my face - CHECK! First and only time that has happened...so far

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I've started clutching up - a lot easier and more controlled than a straight power wheelie - just keep it below the balance point and ride it out. :thumbup:

Just pull in the clutch going 15 or 20 in first, release the clutch as you punch the gas and hold it at around 8k rpms and she'll pop right up (be sure to cover the rear brake though, just in case).

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: FZ6 will absolutely wheelie << HAHA!!!!

I suppose I'm naughty as as I've done it intentionally and yes, low gear from a clutch or power - can do it pretty easily. However, One time by surprise on a moderate uphill climb, light on fuel, hard on the gas, hitting peak torque and the nose came up on the 1->2. Not Just the little bump it up float the nose a few inches, but the full meal deal. TOTALLY unexpected! Its good for a wake up call!!!

PS - way out in the sticks when squid like actions go down... :eek:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found out by chasing down QuietEagle from a stoplight( he has a speed triple). He took off, and I thought I would catch him, pinned the throttle in first until about 11k, then shifted into 2nd....front end came right up! At the next light we both flipped our visors up and said..DUDE, did you see....

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I shudder to think about what I'd do to myself on this bike if I was 20-25.

I bought it last year at 34. The first few months saw plenty of pops. Some accidental, some not. :D I've calmed down since then.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I slipped the clutch going from 1st to 2nd one day after work and it popped right up, man that was crazy. I quickly brought it back down as I was on campus and that would be a nasty ticket if I got caught. And embarrassing as all get out if I dropped it in front of everyone walking to class. Lol

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
With pillion and full gear, leaving a little quiet town I pulled hard on the throttle from first and sure enough, up she came.
Pillion wasn't impressed, locals weren't impressed. I was.

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I managed a surprise wheelie taking off in front of my house in 1st, thinking I'd flicked it into 2nd (guess I thought I was being slick?.... :rof: ) only it was in still first. Front wheel came up a bit when I let out the clutch, rolling on the throttle... That caught my attention a little bit. :eek: :D

tamucc2004

Reaction score
Visit site
Im looking forward to building mine out and popping a few wheelies on it. I still have the Motard for when I really want to have some back road fun but Im still young and dumb enough to get way to big a rush out of it. Im still responsible enough to no do it in town or around people. I have track bike to go fast, motards to hooligan at the loading docks and trails, but every once in a while still want to pick up the front on the on a lonely back road from time to time. I picked up a FZ as a great travel bike but with minor work still a major sleeper.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
All you have to do is downshift into first going way too fast and give it too much gas :BLAA:

I LOVE IT! Thanks for this one! (Still smiling)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I usually say "pics or it didn't happen" but knowing you so well Travis I can even see the look on your face when it did happen! :eek:

Piro

Reaction score
Visit site
Done a few unintended ones. I like to keep my two wheels on the ground. I'm to old to play like that any more. Did a lot of those in my youth :D.