FZ6N s1 body harness/loom

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good day!
Does anyone here know what is the part number for body harness/loom of FZ6N S1?
I want to know if there is a difference between fz6 and fz6n body harness
Currently im looking out for parts
My chassis number RJ074
2005 FZ6N
Body harness/loom
Ignition coil set
ECU

Im having issues with my ECU
Intermittent error 33
Fan does not automatically turn on
Headlight does not turn on when engine is started
I have decided to start off fresh with new ECU and body loom

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_110835.jpg
    IMG_20211231_110835.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 2

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Other than the headlight connections, the harness should be identical.

Regarding fault code 33, have you conducted a resistance test of the #1/#4 coil? Just as important, make sure to check the voltage at the connection to ensure you don't have significant voltage drop between the battery and the coil.

As a reminder the primary should show 1.53 to 2.07 ohms, and the secondary should be 12-18k ohms.

If fault code only appears when the engine is warm you may have a cracked insulator in the coil. You can trouble shoot this by swapping coils to see if fault 33 becomes fault 34 (cylinders 2&3).

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Other than the headlight connections, the harness should be identical.

Regarding fault code 33, have you conducted a resistance test of the #1/#4 coil? Just as important, make sure to check the voltage at the connection to ensure you don't have significant voltage drop between the battery and the coil.

As a reminder the primary should show 1.53 to 2.07 ohms, and the secondary should be 12-18k ohms.

If fault code only appears when the engine is warm you may have a cracked insulator in the coil. You can trouble shoot this by swapping coils to see if fault 33 becomes fault 34 (cylinders 2&3).
Im having problems at 10-12k rpm cant get past that, i did swapped the coils and erased the error history. Still no luck error 33 still shows
Btw my body harness is sketchy i rewired most of them but im tired of chasing after the problem
My ECU doesnt trigger my headlight and fan relays, no negative current produced.
Ive tried replacing sparkplug caps as all of them has cracked still no luck.
Ive decided that if i was to replace my ECU i might aswell replace the body harness to eliminate risk of any electrical component failure

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
To be clear, when I said that the harness' would be the same, I was thinking S1 v S1 (naked).
Ahh yeah im thinking the same thing, the only thing i see is different is the front part of the harness
I hope i'll find a donor bike with ecu, ignition coil , lockset and harness
Thank you

Ben sIII

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re-reading the first post, my boo.. Your correct :)

Thinking about it, wouldn't / does the "naked" have a shorter harness by the triple?
I doubt they would make a new harness for such a slight change, Yamaha likes to recycle parts as much as possible for efficiency.

As mentioned above the only issue is in the headlight connection with the park lights on the faired version