FZ6R Seats

mlevins77

Needs beer
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't count it completely out. Look up the XJ6 Diversion...it's listed with the Top Speed articles that had the 2009 FZ6.

yamaha-xj-diversion-6_1280x0w.jpg

It looks like the bastard child of the FZ6 and FZ6R.:eek: They have the banana seat but still the tail end and adjustable stuff from the FZ6R. Get creative...that's what we love.

So the question being, is the FZ6R seats compatible for the original FZ6?

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
The FZ6R appears to have a 2 piece seat (typical crotch rocket style seat). The FZ6 has a single, 'banana' seat'.

Not to mention that the rear section of the FZ6R seems to be stepped up a lot higher than the FZ6.

I still say it would be a no go. Just look at pics of each bike and the difference is pretty clear to see.

09MS_FZ6R_wht_S4_d3d267f0.jpg

2008-Yamaha-FZ6d-small.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2349

Well it looks like you euro guys are the only ones to get the XJ6 Diversion(looks like its detuned too), personally my perfect bike would be the XJ6 Diversion(not detuned) without ABS and the FZ6R seat...now I woud rob a bank to get that one...OH and Yamaha really needs to figure out the rear fender uglyness.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they might use the same subframe, so if that is the case then yes, you could get the tail off of the fz6r and put it on the FZ6, but i have not been able to find a microfische of the FZ6r to confirm, but they look very similar fromt he outside

Atron

Reaction score
Visit site
Well it looks like you euro guys are the only ones to get the XJ6 Diversion(looks like its detuned too), personally my perfect bike would be the XJ6 Diversion(not detuned) without ABS and the FZ6R seat...now I woud rob a bank to get that one...OH and Yamaha really needs to figure out the rear fender uglyness.

the XJ6 and XJ6S Diversion and the FZ6R are the same bikes.. slight differences but engine is the same.. ive hear alot arround people say that they are different...other then some fairings and seat... i don`t see differences correct me if I am wrong

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course it will fit! but you'll need to modify the FZ6's tail frame to accept the FZ6R tail frame, anythings possible with some creativity and a welder.:thumbup:

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also wondering if the complete tail assembly including subframe could be made to fit onto the frame of the FZ6.

Wish I had lots of money then I'd try it!!!

Edited to add... with an additional thirty seconds or so worth of thought, of course the answer is clearly a no! The FZ6 is set up for an underseat exhaust, the FZ6R isn't, so if someone did do the transplant they'd have to cobble together some sort of side exiting exhaust system for the FZ6 and that would increase costs dramatically.

And for the record, having listened to the stock exhaust on a FZ6R (Or Diversion, as they call it in the UK) there would be no way in hell I would be prepared to lose the undertail exhaust, the R sounds like a fart in a beancan. IMHO.

Last edited: