Need Help Fz6 fork seals compatibility

Leo88

Reaction score
Visit site
In short, im changing my fork oil and seals, but it is difficult to find oem seals where I am. I can find many aftermarket seals with the exact same dimensions 43 x55 x 10.5, is that enough or are there any variables i don't know about? Can suzuki seals be compatible if the size is the same? Thanks in advance.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Leo, welcome to the FZ6 forum. Fork seals are interchangeable between bike brands because Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha don’t make their suspension components- they are procured by just a handful of companies. I’ve had very good luck with fork seals from All Balls and other high-end aftermarket companies.

Leo88

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Leo, welcome to the FZ6 forum. Fork seals are interchangeable between bike brands because Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha don’t make their suspension components- they are procured by just a handful of companies. I’ve had very good luck with fork seals from All Balls and other high-end aftermarket companies.
Thanks a million for taking the time to respond Gary. So as long as I stay true to the 43x55x10.5 dimensions I should be fine? I got confused because ive seen different brands with the same dimensions stating compatibility with different models. For example, All Balls 56-135 & 56-137 seem to be of the same dimensions, yet list different motorcycle models as compatible. Ive found 43x55x10.5 in an italian brand (Ariete) in a nearby city (im in latin america) and this brand seems to have good reviews. Another thing a bit confusing was the last part of the dimensions, some come in 10.5 mm, others in 12mm and probably up to 13mm. Is this part of the size not so crucial? Seems to be intercompatible? Thanks you.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
56-135 is the kit All Balls suggests for an FZ6. The seal sits in a grove at the top of the fork stanchion and is held in place with a C-clip. The seal should fit between bottom of the groove and the c_clip groove without compressing the seal.