FZ6R vs FZ6 Dyno Comparison

Ploppity Drown

Reaction score
Visit site
I scanned the 2007 test page and if you are still bored at work you can fiddle around with these numbers.

Thanks. I am still bored at work.

FZ6RvsFZ6vsVersys.jpg

I don't think I'll post this one on FZ6R forum. Don't want my thread to get deleted. Heavy-handed moderators over there.

Note that Evitzee's scan was a little rough.. so I'm even less confident in the 2007 FZ6 curve. But it does look like whatever they did between '04 and '07 was at least a mild improvement.

Last edited:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: What about the torque?

I'm curious what a comparison of the torque charts would look like.

Ask and ye shall receive:
attachment.php

The above chart was prepared based on the horsepower chart in the first post, with horsepower converted to torque by multiplying by 5252 and dividing by RPM. As such, it compares a 2004 FZ6 to a 2009 FZ6R.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the FZ6R was tuned to have more torque down low as compared to the FZ6, even though it's lower on horsepower.

Looks like they are pretty even from 4,000 to 5,500 RPM, so roll-on performance at highway speeds should be pretty much the same. (Depends on overall gearing, I don't know how the FZ6R differs from the FZ6.) From 5,500 to about 7,400 RPM, the FZ6R has a significant advantage over the FZ6. But I’ll gladly trade that for the FZ6’s advantage from 8,800 to 12,000.

If any FZ6R riders read this, please don’t take offense. I like the 6R just fine, just presenting data.

Ploppity Drown

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: What about the torque?

You didn't have to eyeball my eyeballed chart!

Good commentary, though.

I've attached the spreadsheet if you or anyone else wants to play around with the numbers. And my latest creation:

FZ6RvsFZ6vsVersys_HP_Torque.jpg

Last edited:

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
It has been entertaning, they're keeping a stiff upper lip!

I am so mad right now! Look what I found... LOL:BLAA: Hey, I was looking around to find HP difference between FZ6, 6R and R6 just because... Interesting. I was just joking here... not mad at all.

The 6R is a nice all around bike, but not the best weapon to go to war! Once you swap the exhaust and add a PCV it get a bit better... good enough. PCV got the mid range much better. Hard to tell, the dino I try read peak Hp only. From stock I pick reasonable mid range with +4 at peak. (With a Supertrapp exhaust with 12 discs) I need to go back with the Viper exhaust one of these days. Got a better top end for sure! So maybe +5 or 6 hp? -10 lbs on the exhaust help too.

Thanks for the data... Could be worst... :thumbup:

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
rather than looking at the info and have a simple discussion where they'd spend time talking about the pluses and minuses of the bikes, many of them got offended. they took it as a challenge about their bikes. honestly, seemed like a few of them had a bit of an inferiority complex. it's a different bike with a different purpose. enjoy it for what it is. i know my fz6 has less power than an r6. but i don't want an r6... nor do i feel the need to defend the fz6.

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
graphs and numbers- i'll let the factory guys worry with that stuff. they've done a very nice job in my opinion.

if another bike makes more power at 28 billion rpm, great. :thumbup:

Ploppity Drown

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
rather than looking at the info and have a simple discussion where they'd spend time talking about the pluses and minuses of the bikes, many of them got offended. they took it as a challenge about their bikes. honestly, seemed like a few of them had a bit of an inferiority complex. it's a different bike with a different purpose. enjoy it for what it is. i know my fz6 has less power than an r6. but i don't want an r6... nor do i feel the need to defend the fz6.

I agree with you. I like my 6R. Not the sharpest pen in the box but it's a lovely bike for cruising. I'm on full touring set up now... The seats should be ready next week... I'll post few pics. Like a little fj6r :BLAA:

I do have to say without the exhaust and PCV mod... power sucks!