Givi Monorack on FZ6??

Rolly

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone use a Givi monorack on the FZ6? I have a box and would like to interchange it between bikes. Currently have a monorack for a ZZR1200 which works really well. Only had the FZ a week though so I thought I would tap into all your experience......so if you use a monorack on an FZ, do you like it??, are there other options??, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rolly:D:D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone use a Givi monorack on the FZ6? I have a box and would like to interchange it between bikes. Currently have a monorack for a ZZR1200 which works really well. Only had the FZ a week though so I thought I would tap into all your experience......so if you use a monorack on an FZ, do you like it??, are there other options??, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have one, see this link http://600riders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/724/ppuser/673/sl/p

It is a yamaha givi rack, I am very happy with it, the only thing is I wonder if a full rack might have been better to mount side luggage later.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with mine. Only problem was last week in the high wind it felt like having a sail on the back.

CheekyMonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
very happy with mine - makes the bike work for me as a commuter, and with the box off it doesn't ruin the look too much and I can still enjoy the appearance of it

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are two racks that would work great on the FZ6:

Givi: TwistedThrottle.com : Givi Topcase Rack (Yamaha FZ6, '04-'07) - Givi FZ351

SW-Motech: TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Yamaha FZ6 S2 Fazer, '07-) for Givi, Hepco-Becker, & Krauser topcases - GPT.06.313.100

Buddy of mine got the SW-Motech and loves it lower looking profile, I on the other hand have the Givi version. I would have pick the SW-Motech if it was available then, but unfortunately it wasn't. No matter I still like it.
Good Luck.:thumbup:

Rolly

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the input folks - I think I will be going for the Givi monorack without side case carriers. That should work really well for my needs.

Muchos gracias!

Rolly

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with mine. Only problem was last week in the high wind it felt like having a sail on the back.

Used to that!!.......We have had involuntary lane changes many a time when touring on the ZZR with top box, tank bag and pillion plus a fairing the size of a barge, I know what it's like to go sailing. My scariest bike moment ever was on the A68 just north of Tow Law in gale force winds with this configuration. The bike was literally picked up and deposited a foot or two to the left. I admit, I almost shat myself and my friend behind me declared he had no idea how we had not come off!!. Mrs R on the other hand was very cool and collected about the whole thing........she's a top pillion!!:thumbup:

:D:D

Rolly

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the E52 as well Whitey. I love it and it has served us well on many tours at home and abroad. Mate of mine joked that it was so big it looked like the AWACS.......

awacs.jpg

We did the following picture up as a laugh........

zzr.jpg

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, trying not to create a new post re Givi Rack..

Mine arrived today, usual vague instructions from Givi, anyone got any tips on fitting it to my 06 FZ6?

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I have a givi rack on mine and it's great.
just make sure if you are fitting a performance exhaust it will fit between the givi brackets....
some cans are too wide
yamaha genuine rack and box looks OK too...some cheap used deals on ebayuk

bobp718

Reaction score
Visit site
I've ridden with a givi top box (givi 460) for years and I've never really noticed the difference between riding with and without one. But then again I was riding a 1996 VFR750 at the time.

I just installed the givi top rack for my 2004 FZ6 last night and it really wasn't the nightmare that some people around the interwebs are making it out to be. I'll post some pics and tips if people are interested.

B

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike looked just like Avalon's until yesterday. I put on new cans and they get in the way, as others have mentioned. Ugh. I've really grown accustomed to the convenience of a locking, relatively secure box. Have to say I'm on the fence about keeping the cans. I have a soft tail bag but they just don't compare.

As for the cross-wind shenanigans, I got blown across two lanes of a four lane highway earlier this year. I'm not blaming it directly on the givi but I doubt that its presence helped in the matter.