Going Naked and mounting Mirrors on your Bars

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
A few people have asked me about this so decided to post it here.

This is a easy simple mod that I think looks cleaner than adding new mounts to your bars.

I went naked but did not want to add extra mounts on my bars for mirrors so I decide to go this route

The right side brake lever mount has a boss for a mirror. You just have to drill and tap it. I did this right on the bike, there is
no need to remove it.

For the left side I replaced my clutch lever perch with an FZ1-N Clutch Perch with Mirror Mount

perch1.jpg

perch2.jpg

mount1.jpg

mount2.jpg

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a good solution. I tried adding mounts on the bars a long time ago and there was barely any space. How much are those?

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't want to mess with drilling & tapping the M/C, you can swap one off an older FZ1. I used one on my old bike specifically because it had the mirror boss already threaded, they just put a plastic cap on it. It was late '90s or early '00s IIRC.

Got it on fleabay for $40 or so, so it's a good alternative if you or a friend don't own the tap. You could probably make a few bucks selling the original one, too!

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you have to get them out of the UK or Australia? I paid 125 in a private deal.

:eek:

I paid $5 at a bike wrecker for my FZR600 clutch perch, and $10 for a new generic lever. It's almost exactly the same, just doesn't have the oversized slack adjuster.