Got Rid of my Buell XB9SX Today

Congrats MisterX! XB12 FTMFW! :D

Displacement is pretty much the only real difference, and with the longer gearing of the XB9, the difference is even smaller on paper... you do feel more power on the 12 though... not sure why MisterX felt so much difference in the other categories, but it's probably due to the different seat (ergos and handling feel better), aftermarket exhaust, and if they flashed his XB12's ECU with a custom map to fit the exhaust, it would make quite a big difference... I also noticed that the more miles I put on the bike, the better the engine works... so that may be a factor too since the 12 is older (i.e. has more miles).

Anyway, enjoy it MisterX!

Yeah, after talking with some folks who have more knowledge about this sort of thing, I pretty much came to the same conclusion. I'm quite amazed that the seat helps to make such an improvement in the way the bike feels and rides. Also, it really does seem that the person who installed the new exhaust probably flashed the ECU so that it was more set for the exhaust. You also just might be right about the miles vs. engine performance. Regardless, this bike runs like a dream. A loud and fast dream. :D

By the way, I ordered a new air box cover and windscreen today. Translucent orange to match the rims. Should be in in about a week or so. Below is what the bike will look like when they are installed. Sweet!!!

you mean, that one?

2819247737_6578d79e5d_o.jpg

:D:cheer::rockon:

I tell you what, although I love the way my new bike looks and feels, I have to say that yours is one of the nicest Buell's that I've yet to see. Beautiful bike! :drool:

Traded my 2007 DRZ 400 s for a Buell xb9sx with 5600 miles on it a month ago...Got rid of the smog bought a pipe and it now dynos more HP than a xb1200 and riding with my buds one of them has a stock xb12r I kick his backside all over the road..:)
Was just wondering,,,do any of you guys have a problem handling this thing on really tight turns???
Scott
ps oh yeah it a blue see thru 2005....very cool with a d&d slipon no smog modified air box and breathers. 108 hp

Traded my 2007 DRZ 400 s for a Buell xb9sx with 5600 miles on it a month ago...Got rid of the smog bought a pipe and it now dynos more HP than a xb1200 and riding with my buds one of them has a stock xb12r I kick his backside all over the road..:)
Was just wondering,,,do any of you guys have a problem handling this thing on really tight turns???
Scott
ps oh yeah it a blue see thru 2005....very cool with a d&d slipon no smog modified air box and breathers. 108 hp I love this bike and am never getting rid of it..Ill just get a faster something else If I really need to go any faster...But I love the sound of it!!

Back