GPS mounts?

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently got a garmin nuvi 205w. It is awesome in the car, but know its time to mount on the bike. I was wondering what mount set up do you use and were do you have it mounted.
Thanks
Chris
:Sport:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Ram mount is the way to go. Clamps right onto your handle bar... Relatively cheap as well too. I paid 40 or 50 for mine... that included the handle bar mount, the 3\" arm, and the gps mount.

RAM Motorcycle Mount Wizard

Good stuff... I'd buy it again.

KG

+1 on Ram mounts, I used Ram for my radar detector, they are awesome

04fz6dude

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Garmin I5 which is a little older but uses the same ball mount as yours, I just modified my Suction cup mount with a conduit clamp I found laying around. Couple of rounds of electrical tape around the handle bar to prevent scratching and done.
Here is my post on how I did it, its super simple, you could buy one off eBay for 15 bucks.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/6714-gps-mount.html

I

inkrediboy

I did my research on GPS and mounting too - and + 1 on the RAM mounts for sure.

Not sure how your triple triples are on the FZ6, but RAM have a sick "stem" mount that goes right into the hole on top of your steering column.

Most holes found at the top of sportbikes are industry standard and have universal fit 13mm. The RAM stem mount plugs that hole, then you tighten it down with a allen type screw even more. This base with a 1 inch ball on the end of it, allows you to mount anything you like right in the center of your steering bar, not in the way of the cluster - and floating over the front of your gas tank.

They have differnt size arms long or short that work and I was going to get the short one to keep everything up front and out of peripheral view.

Definate way to - I think I did a quote on all the parts I would need - stem mount - arm - mounting plate - and cradle for roughly around 40.00.

good vibration resistance due to the use of rubber ball mounts and very flexible.

Techmounts also makes a very good "stem" mount installer and comes pretty complete (minus a GPS cradle). Most GPS units can be screwed right to the mounting plate given.

TECHMOUNT - Products

GPS is definitely next for my bike. Too many freakin choices!!!

RA

Tebster _ fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I used this solution with my Garmin Zumo, I drilled a 6mm hole centered on the top yolk steering head nut and used a Ram RAM-B-273 with a few stainless washers and loctite, it was the cheapest and best option available as it doesnt cost much to replace the head nut should you wish to go back to standard and doest obscure the instruments in any way :thumbup: