Great News!!!! In my world at least...

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Dad was cleared for surgery! He has esophageal cancer and finished his chemo/rad treatments a few weeks ago. The latest PET scans were negative so he goes in for the operation Wednesday. Still going to be tough for him but his spirits are sky high!

And in other news, I think I mentioned I am newly engaged.. The happy bride and groom to be:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tom that is THE best news of the day/week/month! I'm very happy that your Dad has this chance and our prayers are with him while he takes the next step!

And congrats again. She is a beautiful woman!

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tom that is THE best news of the day/week/month! I'm very happy that your Dad has this chance and our prayers are with him while he takes the next step!

Thanks Eric! Crap, I've still been rather absent from the forum. Did a NH ride get set up???

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Yes! Your Dad will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Your are a very handsome couple. Congratulations!

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Great news for your father...all the best to him. Congratulations on your engagement, she is a lovely woman (and it looks like she rides too :thumbup:)

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Dad was cleared for surgery! He has esophageal cancer and finished his chemo/rad treatments a few weeks ago. The latest PET scans were negative so he goes in for the operation Wednesday. Still going to be tough for him but his spirits are sky high!

And in other news, I think I mentioned I am newly engaged.. The happy bride and groom to be:

Terrific news Tom.
My Father-In-Law beat the same cancer a few years ago, sending your Dad best wishes for the operation on Wednesday. :rockon:

Also, you and Ms Tom look like a fine couple, best of luck for the years ahead.. :thumbup:

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome news re your dad....both my Mum & Dad, have had, and got through cancer ordeals......sounds like he is through the worst of it...Chemo/Radiation therapy is evil itself! i wish your father and family, all the very best in the continueing battle.

And as for you and your bride to be....here's hoping you spend many wonderful, happy years together....you both sure look pleased as punch in the photo you posted.

Nice to see such a positive attitude.

:thumbup:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:cheer: Congratulations!!! Great news all around! Prayers sent for all of you :)

Deb

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that post just kept getting better and better. Awesome news about your dad man, really.

Even though I don't know your dad, I too have had family members get diagnosed with cancer and know the roller coaster it is, and know firsthand what a terrific word "operable" can be.

Oh, and congrats on your engagement! She's a cutie!

Travis

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Prayers as well Tom, hope all the rest goes smooth, so you bit the bullet eh? When is the future Mrs getting her FZ6 or 675 or bike?? All the best !!

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I am very happy to hear your news. As a gastroenterologist I have found that cancer many times and many people have been able to beat it!

You two also make for a handsome couple. A future in Hollywood maybe?