Gremlins

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm sitting in the left turn lane with 2 cars in front of me and about 5 behind. We are all waiting for the light to turn green, when my bike just turns off. I think...this is strange, so I hit the starter....nothing. No problem, I turn the key off, turn it back on and....nothing. My GPS is still on and the mp3 player is still going. There are cars to the right and a curb to the left. I can get off and push, but there is no where to go. So I hit the hazard lights and scoot over to the right. By now, the light has changed and now I have cars moving past me on the left and right. Now almost in a panic, I hit the main engine switch on the right handle bar, then hit the starter and she starts up.

So now I'm thinking, who turned the switch off??? My hands were on the handle bars at all times....except when I cracked the visor with my right hand.

So, to avoid looking like an idiot when gremlins turn your bike off; if the starter doesn't work, try turning the engine stop switch ON!!!:confused:

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
haha, that was pretty funny, it's happened to me on the Z before, mine was that the main spring for the side stand broke and would hang loose so the switch was on the down position. The thing wouldn't start and I finally realized it after some hard searching. Lucky for me this happened right in front of my house and not in the middle of the street somewhere.

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
Happened to me too.... second hand though.

I sold my 1982 Suzuki GS1100E the other day. My wife was at home handling the transaction. I get a frantic phone call: "THE ENGINE WON'T START, HE WANTS HIS MONEY BACK!!!!" So I calmly say: "flip the kill switch to 'RUN'" Then I hear a resounding VROOOOM in the background.

Another satisfied customer!

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
I sold my 1982 Suzuki GS1100E the other day. My wife was at home handling the transaction. I get a frantic phone call: "THE ENGINE WON'T START, HE WANTS HIS MONEY BACK!!!!" So I calmly say: "flip the kill switch to 'RUN'" Then I hear a resounding VROOOOM in the background.

Wow, I hope he was taking the bike in a trailer instead of riding it away. It sounds like some basic moto education is in order for that one.:eek:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hasnt happened one the bike, but had kill switch on dash of car, mum was driving it while i was in the desert working, she knocked it in traffic had help to push to garage after a while the guy asked her if had switch, which she turned red to leant in car turned it on and started it, Great thing to know that you have embarassed the hell out of your mother ha ha ha ha ha(sorry to any mums)ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

OkieDavid

Reaction score
Visit site
Similar story waaaay back in the day. I was home sick so my brother ran the bike to run our trap line (fur trapping). Got way off road and piled it up, walked three miles and called dad. They pulled,pushed,kick started until they were blue in the face. Ended up pushing it until they could get a truck to it and load it up. When they got home and told me I went out to survey the damage and noticed the kill switch......guess he hit it when he went end over and neither one of them knew to check it.....I expected a grin or smile when I started it on the first kick but the looks I got were less than friendly to say the least...Seems I FORGOT to tell anyone about a #$%#%^%^ kill switch ROFL. We still laugh about it today.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
But they are so cute!!

gremlin%20gizmo.jpg