Grip opinions wanted

Va.Rider

Home in the Old Dominion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My '09 FZ is only 2 weeks old & already I want to make a change. I'd like to change the grips. The factory grips are just too bare bones for me. I like a little "squeeze" to my grips, not foam but just enough to take the road tension off. My past experience was with Progrips on my Hawk & Interceptor. But since much techno savy has occured in many other areas, I thought I'd ask for some input here. Soooooo let's have it, I'm soliciting all the help you can muster. I need a good fit on the existing bars with grip / feel & a little dampening. Your help will be greatly appreciated. If I can find a good fix, I'll have them added at the 600 mile oil change. This site is the bomb & thanx to all for your input.

:D

sov

Reaction score
Visit site
I went the cheap and easy route and put on some grip puppies. Felt weird at first, but I'm getting use to em.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
Make fun of me if you will but hey. :D

I have always run Pro Grips on my dirt bikes and when I put the heated grips on my FZ6 the only pair i had laying around were a set of Pro Grip 737's.

These are by far the best grip I have ever had on a dirt or street bike.

Something like this. Pro Grip 737 Dual Sport Gel Grip - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

I highly recommend them. I am an old fuddy so of course I went with the black. :rolleyes:

And I do have grip puppies on my BMW and they rock but are a pain in the ass to put on.

Marc

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had Pro grips before and they are certainly nicer than the stock ones.. much nicer in fact. But I too prefer a bit more cushion, so I run these:

Handlebar Grips 7/8" - Oury Road Grip - Black - from Z1 Enterprises, Inc.

They make mountain bike grips (which I've started using over 10 years ago). I was happy to learn that they also make motorcycle grips.
I've had them on my bike for 3 season now.. still happy with my choice.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the Grip Puppies as well. I went from the stock grips to Pro Grips, which are great, but on some of my longer runs in the mountains (250 miles+) my hands were starting to cramp. The Grip Puppies solved that problem. Takes a little getting used to, but worth it

Neworleans

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to my local shop looking for new grips. I looked for the oldest motorcycle guy I could find and asked him what grips he used. After a long ramble about arthritis and how many grips he's gone through he recommended these:

Pro Grip 724 Dual Density Road Grip - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

and heavier bar ends to reduce vibration..
just my 2 cents.
I love em.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to my local shop looking for new grips. I looked for the oldest motorcycle guy I could find and asked him what grips he used. After a long ramble about arthritis and how many grips he's gone through he recommended these:

Pro Grip 724 Dual Density Road Grip - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

and heavier bar ends to reduce vibration..
just my 2 cents.
I love em.

Yes, these are the Pro Grips I had gone with, a definite improvement over stock, the Grip Puppies on top of these were the ticket for me. Haven't tried heavier bar ends since vibration wasn't the problem, may work for someone out there, though

Gus

Reaction score
Visit site