Hanging It Out There

How many "oh $hit" moments you've had the past week that was your fault?

• A. 0-2, The wildside is in check

Votes: 63 82.9%
  • B. 3-4, Hey, a little fun never hurt

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • C. 5-7, I'm wild and free

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • D. 8+, You Can't Touch This, I'm DANGEROUS

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
I've been riding now for close to 2K miles.

I've been avoiding heavy traffic or peak hours.

Mostly all my mistakes are throttle control.

The most recent thing (last week) I'm doing a left (90 degree) turn into a street where the merging traffic has a stop. There was a woman on an SUV. She saw me turning but she kept on rolling (lazzy stop). I kept on looking at her as she kept on rolling looking at me as she was getting closer to me!!!!!

I've had zero O.S. moment this week cuz I crashed my R1 over a month ago and I'm still waiting for all the repairs to be finished. I could blame it on a million things but it was all my fault and all my O.S. moments are owned by me because whether I want to blame someone else or not, I'm the one I have to depend on for my state of awareness and skills. I'm the one who climbs on the bike and twists the throttle and watches my back and has to try to be as conscious of my surroundings as I possibly can. I own it all and I know I'll be a better rider for owning it. Own your riding 100% ! :rockon:

Last edited:
I dont ride that hard on the road anymore, cause i dont need anymore "oh $hit" moments than i already have had...plus i am very wary of the consequences of when it turns from "oh $hit" to "bang, you've binned it", having dropped my bikes twice in the last 2 years due to me causing the problem...

But as for Cager induced "oh $***" moments...that is just a bout a daily occurence...it's just the level of the "oh $***" factor that varies...some are "oh $***", others are "oh $******************************!"

:D

All of them, (but two). Twice women (no one I knew) came around a right hander, (for them), way across the center line on my side of the road on narrow two lane highways. One was big Buick and the other was an older Ford pickup. If I had been in my car they would have nailed me as there was NO WHERE to go! The narrowness of my Fazer saved me!
The closest one was when TWO cars pulled out in front of me while I was showing 140 mph. (Our bikes have truly great binders and I really used them that day! ; )
Except for cagers failing to yield or being on my side of the road I'll admit most of my close calls are my own fault.

Some genius roadwork crew cut a trench out of the pavement and filled it with gravel on my favorite country road near my house. It goes across the whole road and is about 2ft wide, but they didn't fill it with gravel all the way so there was about a 3 1/2 inch lip on either side. Did I mention that this is in a corner and there is no "rough road ahead" warning.

Close runner up are all of the people with property next to the road whom let their grass get 4ft high then cut it, sending MOUNDS of grass all over the road. I consider it attempted murder on your part.

Back