Has anyone tried "M043" mirrors w/turn signals?

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
I found them on ebay and they look great but I couldn't find any review online. Did anyone get them? I'm afraid to waste $45.
Here's the link: http://www.d2moto.com/Items/m043-ch...me Integrated Racing Mirrors for Street Bikes and Yamaha YZF R1 R6 R6S FZ1 FZ6 600R Integrated Mirrors:eBay Motors (item 120459898959 end time Aug-20-09 02:53:39 PDT)
They are called M043-Chrome. One of the ebay auctions lists them with FZ6 in the title. I have a 2005 FZ6, idk if the year changes anything.
Thank you!

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Year doesn't change anything.

I haven't used them but looking at them, they apear to be 'universal'. The attachent bolts are in slotted holes so that they will fit multiple hole paterns. In other words, they will likely fit but not very well. Also they are chrome. There is no other bits on the bike that are chrome so they will stand out.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with 68. I haven't really seen any universal mirrors that work well on the stock mounts. Usually people switch to bar-mounted mirrors if they want to get rid of the puma ear mirrors. Also it would look awkward having chrome mirrors and nothing else. If they were like a satin silver or black it would blend much better.

Wizegeye87

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought and installed that same exact set....absolute garbage in my opinion. They installed pretty easily, but the one problem I found was that they would not stay in place. The bike vibrations and wind hitting against them made them fall. I tried tightening them and the crappy screws holding them in place stripped! So they don't stay in place and nothing can be done about it. I called up the company and they said they have had no problems with them yet. I am deciding whether or not to try another pair and see if the screws work this time, but I'd rather get a pair that matches my bike better and is of better quality. I wouldn't recommend them.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought and installed that same exact set....absolute garbage in my opinion. They installed pretty easily, but the one problem I found was that they would not stay in place. The bike vibrations and wind hitting against them made them fall. I tried tightening them and the crappy screws holding them in place stripped! So they don't stay in place and nothing can be done about it. I called up the company and they said they have had no problems with them yet. I am deciding whether or not to try another pair and see if the screws work this time, but I'd rather get a pair that matches my bike better and is of better quality. I wouldn't recommend them.
Try bodging them to screw into the stock mirror mount. That's what i had to do when fitting them to my GPZ500S. Much better, but still more vibey than stock. I just had to file the ends of the stalks a bit to make them slimmer. Details on my site.