Has anyone tried the Bikemaster "OEM" mirrors?

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
I crashed my bike yesterday, there was a huge piece of metal on the road and it made me and my bike fly, it will cost about $1000 in parts not including the paint.

My right mirror is destroyed just like everything about the front fairing, I saw an OEM replacement on motorcycle superstore cheaper than the stock ones (40 instead of 65) but I can't find any FZ6 specific picture or info anywhere, has anyone tried it? Does it really look the same as the stock mirror? I would only replace the right mirror so it would have to look the same.

Here is the mirror in question: Bikemaster O.E.M. Replacement Mirror - Street Bike Parts - Motorcycle Superstore

Also, if anyone has one of these parts for sale, let me know:

33 REAR VIEW MIRROR A
5VX-26290-00-00 1 $65.11

11 VISOR, SIDE 2 UR BS4
5VX-2830D-00-P4 1 $63.93

24 PANEL, INNER 2 UR FOR BS4
5VX-2836L-10-00 1 $31.82

5 BODY, FRONT UPPER 1 UR FOR BS4
5VX-2835G-10-00 1 $118.03

1 FUEL TANK COMP. UR BS4
5VX-Y2410-30-07 1 $557.36

3 SIDE COVER ASSY 2 UR FOR BS4
5VX-21720-10-00 1 $22.82

Aftermarket windshield (I might as well upgrade it if I need a replacement)

The colour doesn't matter since I will have to change most of the painted parts. I wanted to go faster red but Yamaha charges three times the price for those o_O I noticed some parts of the front fairing being the same for 2007 and newer models and I like their cowling better, maybe I can upgrade that too.

Thank you!

Last edited:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Sorry to hear of your accident.

Is this due to not having comprehensive insurance to cover this? Or is your deductible so high, it doesn't help? If this was caused by a road hazard, it should not raise your rates........

How did you make out? Seems a helmet, jacket, gloves, possibly boots would be further expenses that could go into the total bill......

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have insurance for my bike, it isn't required in Florida and I never really thought about it / had enough money to afford it. It will definitely cross my mind once I get everything fixed.

I was only wearing my leather jacket and helmet, I managed to keep my head off the ground so I am keeping the helmet for now, and I am definitely keeping the leather jacket as it is, it is my saviour and it doesn't have any hole, just the "road rash" I would have had if I wasn't wearing it when I was rolling all over the road ( Z1R Marauder Leather Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore , my hero). I just have a few bruises and pain on my arms. I will get it checked out if it continues to hurt in a few days. Adrenaline did a wonderful job, I was thinking about my poor bike the whole time and I didn't notice the pain until after the ambulance left.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Sorry to hear about the no insurance deal..... been there, done that. I've crashed bikes, and been sliding down the street right behind them, trying to figure out what was making all the different colored sparks......

Pain doesn't kick in for a while afterwards. Congrats on being in FL AND WEARING A JACKET AT ALL.
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:
:wav:

Seriously, though.. if a road hazard caused this, you may be able to get some sort of compensation. Make sure you get a copy of the police report, and keep all your medical documentation as well. Clearly, you couldn't expect a big chunk of metal to be in the road, right?

It's (remotely) possible someone will be cited for that.... and you could potentially file a claim against them for your troubles.

Last edited:

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you :)
When the police came and filed a report, they didn't seem to believe me because they couldn't find the piece of metal. After the crash a bunch of people stopped and helped me, and one of them took that piece of metal and surely threw it away, I couldn't find it and neither could the cops.

I started taking off the plastic so I would be sure of what I need to order. I forgot a few screws and accidentally broke the rubber that were holding the headlight unit. It was attached to the headlight so I don't think I can replace them and attach the headlight again. Ouch.

I've always wanted to go naked anyway; that's why I chose the FZ6 (nakedness and exhaust heating the seat), a few hundred dollars more won't hurt too much. FZ1 headlight kit it is. (Or the Aprilia Shiver 750 if I can find a way to install it, or whatever I can find that is relatively inexpensive and good looking)