Have questions on new FZ6 purchase

cbigbie191

Reaction score
Visit site
I am seriously considering a new FZ6, I have a good dealer near me and he is willing to deal on price, and they have a great shop and mechanics.

1. How much horsepower does a stock FZ6 have? (I have been riding for several years but I don't want to get in over my head.)

2. I am 6 foot 4 @ 280 pounds. Will I be comfortable on the bike? (I'm in the process of loosing weight and its working, down 25 pounds so far and counting.)

3. Dumb question.....is it a reliable bike for everyday commuting?

Thanks for your input..:iconbeer:

I am seriously considering a new FZ6, I have a good dealer near me and he is willing to deal on price, and they have a great shop and mechanics.

1. How much horsepower does a stock FZ6 have? (I have been riding for several years but I don't want to get in over my head.)

2. I am 6 foot 4 @ 280 pounds. Will I be comfortable on the bike? (I'm in the process of loosing weight and its working, down 25 pounds so far and counting.)

1. I believe HP is mid 90s @ around 12,000 RPM

3. My experience has always been anyting Yamaha makes the fit and finish and reliablilty are second to none. This is my first bike but we've had 7 Yamaha snowmobiles, 4 of the latest 4 strokes which are essentially the same motor as the motorcycles, and have never had a single problem.

1. I have seen anywhere from 88-98 HP at the rear wheel, depending on the magazine that did the test.
2. You should fit just fine.
3. This is a very, very reliable bike. This is the only forum I have ever seen where most people talk about mods instead of repairs!

I think FZ6 is one of the most versatile bikes around. Do not let the HP figures scare you , if you have some basic motorcycle experience, this bike is a dream. Very user friendly and non scary power band.

I think FZ6 is one of the most versatile bikes around. Do not let the HP figures scare you , if you have some basic motorcycle experience, this bike is a dream. Very user friendly and non scary power band.

Agreed. The FZ6 is my first bike and so far it has been great. I've ridden some in the past so I'm not a complete novice but I'm by no means an expert. I found the FZ to be extremely easy ride and get comfortable with. The power is there if you need it.

Wow.
Thanks for the replies, looks like I found the right place to ask.
I think I might have one next to my Fatboy soon. :thumbup:

I think this would be a good bike to take the advanced MSF course with.

Back