Heated Grips?

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
My observations on heated grips:
- I couldn't ride through the winter without them!
- the controller has to be useable with (your) thick gloves on, might be better to try in a shop rather than buying online
- the controller must be placed within easy reach of your left hand, so you can adjust them on the go
- I have mine wired through a relay triggered by the power that triggers the headlight relay, so they only work when the engine is running. Even then they will drain the battery if they are on high with the engine idling (dual headlight mod, no other accessories)

Where is the controller on that first set meant to go? It can't go as pictured without interfering with the other controls?

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
I believe its meant to go clamped on the handlebar next to the controls or mirror mount.

dbldutch02, what ones do you have?

I can't see how that'll work, I wonder if there are pictures of it fitted.

I have oxford grips, they were on the bike when I got it, and I think the newer ones all have push buttons. Here's a pic (not my bike) of the one I have - push on/off, turn for output. I've never had them up to full heat.

96108d1156616729-looking-heated-grips-oxford-controller.jpg

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
The distributor of Oxford in Portugal, stop the dealing of the Oxford heated grips because lately they have lots of customers complaints about them. Lots of problems, with the controller mostly.

This was last week when I inquire them about the price.

I ended up buying some cheap heat pads from ebay (fleabay... I read this some were) Just to try, this has nothing to do with real heated grips!

similar to this
$_12.JPG

Last edited:

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Used the Symtec under the grip heater elements for a long time, current FZ1 came with Oxford's. Oxford's are much better, will put a set on every future bike I own.