Heavy Backside?

Wearyeyed

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I did not have any luck searching, so here goes...

With Givi side-cases (and eventually a top-case courtesy DefyInertia), I find even a moderately packed bike is heavy enough over the rear wheel to make front-end lift pretty common under anything but the most conservative acceleration.

Now, I know I can throw my body forward, hunched over and kissing the gauge cluster, looking like I'm after the land-speed record, and this helps/works.

But, aside from that, are there any other things I can do to temper this characteristic?

Different rear shock/spring?

Geometry changes?

Aside from ditching the bags, buying a true touring bike, swapping the motor for a Tecumpseh, or putting a 2k rev limit, does anyone have any constructive idea/opinion/experience with a tail-heavy FZ6....?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing I can offer is where the weight gets distributed. Forward of the rear axle is going give you more stability. The other factor is weight limits the bike has been designed for.

Another factor would be well......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5sqvVJ4&feature=related]Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back (I Like Big Butts) [ORIGINAL] - YouTube[/ame]

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A longer swingarm would help. Not sure if anyone has done that on the FZ6 though?

Nelly