Hello

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
Just another noob for this forum...saying hello!

I have a 2005 FZ6 (in go fast Blue)with about 7,500 miles so far...which is not bad considering that I live in Michigan.

I have done a few of the "poor man's mods"
Drilled out the baffles
Removed the catalyst from the pipe
Rewired for dual low beams
Gel grips

Will be painting the screen very soon to black out a portion of it...

Oh and before any wants to :ban: me - I have actually :rtfm: :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the money pit! Mods will drain you!

Nice choice of color!!! I just sold my '05 that was just like yours.

Search is your best friend here!

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all - thanks for the welcome.

I will try my best to be something other than a noob when it comes to posting...new to this forum, but not new to forums.

As for mods, I do not see myself going after the expensive ones any time soon...I like the bike quite a bit just the way it is.

Davop

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. I'm also new here. I have an 07. I've been considering drilling the baffles on my to get a little extra sound. I don't want to raise the dead with noise though. Got any tips?

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. I'm also new here. I have an 07. I've been considering drilling the baffles on my to get a little extra sound. I don't want to raise the dead with noise though. Got any tips?

Hey Davop - my experience is that drilling the baffles and knocking the catalyst out of the converter pipe did little to change the noise levels for the bike. It is only slightly louder. Though the drill bit that I used to drill out the baffles was only long enough to reach through the first two baffles and I drilled three holes per side. I am not sure how many more baffles there are in the can, but I imagine that if you were able to get through all of them it would make a bigger difference. The biggest change I noticed after those changes was that the bike runs cooler after getting rid of the catalyst.
Hope this helps...:thumbup: