Helmet holder

codys21

Reaction score
Visit site
First, hello all! I am new to this forum. I got my 2009 FZ6R in November and don't like the helmet holder. It works, but I don't like how my helmet just hangs from that wire. I was searching Google and this forum for a decent helmet holder but couldn't find much. Preferably, I would like something that attaches under the rear seat that holds the helmet upright (or at least not upside down) and can somehow lock the helmet with a padlock, a cable, or a combination of the two. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cody

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to this great forum Cody!

Our sister site at FZ6R Forum Community is actually the FZ6R site and they may have better info The FZ6 although sharing similarity is a different bike. Good luck! :)

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a hacky method I used on my 06 (no helmet lock). It's really easy and works well!

All you need is a hacksaw, a small hose clamp and 5 minutes.

Take off your seat. cut two small notches the width of your D-Ring into the sidepod (etiher clutch or throttle side) - attach the hoseclamp with the excess coming up between the subframe and sidepod, right in the middle of where the D-Ring hooks on.

You're done.

Seriously, now you just use your seat lock, unlatch the seat, hook your DRing on the excess strap, slip it into the slots and place your seat back down, locking it in place.

It's a secure fit, I've got one on each side for my passenger helmet and mine, and it stays fine on the highway, no issues. sure, if someone really wants your helmet, they may be able to snake it out of there/break the sidepod to get it, but they could also just cut your chinstrap so...

Edit: the above is great for an 04-06 fz6 - and probably later, OP has an fz6R so who knows if it is even close to relevant.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First, hello all! I am new to this forum. I got my 2009 FZ6R in November and don't like the helmet holder. It works, but I don't like how my helmet just hangs from that wire. I was searching Google and this forum for a decent helmet holder but couldn't find much. Preferably, I would like something that attaches under the rear seat that holds the helmet upright (or at least not upside down) and can somehow lock the helmet with a padlock, a cable, or a combination of the two. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cody

Welcome to the foum!:welcome:

This helmet lock bracket is for the regular 04-09 FZ6 with a frame diameter of 1". If you have space on your sub-frame either a Yamaha lock or Helmet Guardian lock will attach to it.

With the correct Yamaha lock assembly, you can re-key it to fit your ignition key. One key fits all, no seat removal, cables, NO permanent modifications to the bike, etc..

PM me if interested.

Last edited: