helmet lock?

I was also a little disappointed that a 06 did not have lock for helmet.

Haven´t anyone invented a clever solution yet. Someone in here must have the skills to make an efficient and yet simple solution.
I believe such a solution could be almost as popular as the BD43 headlight mod.
:cheer:

ebay has these motionpro helmet locks that can clamp onto the rear subframe or the rear passenger bracket.

I worked on that image a bit to clean it up and point out some additional features on the 2007 models. These were only options on the faster red bikes.
(Attached Thumbnail)

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
  • rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
ebay has these motionpro helmet locks that can clamp onto the rear subframe or the rear passenger bracket.

I had mine clamped to the handlebars and used a helmet lock extension. The helmet would rest nicely on the tank and against the bars. :thumbup:

I was also a little disappointed that a 06 did not have lock for helmet.

Haven´t anyone invented a clever solution yet. Someone in here must have the skills to make an efficient and yet simple solution.
I believe such a solution could be almost as popular as the BD43 headlight mod.
:cheer:
There is one that you can buy that replaces the licence plate holder and lets you attach two helmets. It's universal.

For me both options are far too insecure. I just use a bike chain with a lock that I strap through my grab handle. It's quite long so I either double it up with the helmet or I can run it through my coat sleeve too if I want. Pic below of it in use:-

I've done it a few times, it's not great, but it works well. To make it easier to get to the lock on for the seat you can hook your helmet on the other side as well.

The '07 lock was pretty tough for me to use so I now use a metal extender that I found at Home Depot...its basically a 3x3 T-shape with holes. You put one end through the D-ring and then the other end just gets hooked onto the lock...only costs $2 vs spending $10+ on-line...hope that helps anyone else whose been thinking the lock is too small.

fz6.jpg

:Sport:

I could not help and laugh at how kindergarten-like my diagram was :BLAA:

I just went to the hardware store and bought some plastic-shielded wire cable, an couple of clamps (well, 4 actually since I was making 2 of them) and a couple of small padlocks.

put the clamps on so you have a loop on each end, run cable through chin bar and around something solid (grab handle, handlebar, etc.) and lock.

less than $10.

Back